Yuri Zhukov (historian)
|Yuri Nikolayevitch Zhukov|
22 January 1938 |
|Institutions||Institute of Russian History at Russian Academy of Sciences|
|Alma mater||Russian State Historico-Archival Institute|
|Known for||Stalin-era research|
Yuri Nikolayevich Zhukov (Russian: Юрий Николаевич Жуков, born on 22 January 1938, in Krasnogorsk) is a Russian historian and researcher at the Institute of Russian History at Russian Academy of Sciences. Zhukov published several books that glorify Stalin, such as "Renaissance of Stalin" and "Handbook of Stalinist".
Zhukov argued that Stalin was not personally responsible for the Great Purge and shifted the blame onto Jews and subordinates of Stalin. According to Zhukov, Stalin had conducted liberal reforms in the USSR, and launched the purges against real threats to Soviet security. Zhukov has also argued that by assuming sole power, Stalin had "saved the country and the world" from Trotsky, Kamenev and Zinoviev, for in Zhukov's view, their revolutionary politics brought the USSR into conflict with the world. Historian Gennady Kostyrchenko remarked that virtually all of Yuri Zhukov's historical works, that have been published in the last 15-17, have had the moral and political rehabilitation of Stalin as their overriding theme.
- Yuri Zhukov. Secrets of Kremlin: Stalin, Molotov, Beria, Malenkov. Moscow, 2000, 688 pages, ISBN 5-300-02990-4
- Yuri Zhukov. Different Stalin. USSR Political Reforms in 1933-1937, Moscow, 2003, 510 pages, ISBN 5-9697-0026-6
- Yuri Zhukov. Stalin: Secrets of State Power, Moscow, 2008, 720 pages, ISBN 978-5-9697-0472-5
- Yuri Zhukov. Handbook of Stalinist, Moscow, 2010, 320 pages, ISBN 978-5-699-40304-2
- Yuri Zhukov. The Puzzle of 1937, Moscow, 2010, 576 pages, ISBN 978-5-699-46904-8
- Yuri Zhukov. Stalin's First Defeat. 1917-1922. From Russian Empire to USSR., Moscow, 2011, 672 pages, ISBN 978-5-905024-02-3
- "Известный историк Юрий Жуков: Расстрелы в Катыни - сомнения остаются" [Renowned historian Yuri Zhukov: Executions in Katyn - doubts remain]. Komsomolskaya Pravda. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Жуков Юрий Николаевич". Russian Academy of Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Parfitt, Tom (24 February 2006), "The real secret of Khrushchev's speech", The Guardian.
- "Private correspondent (Russian)". Chaskor.ru. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- Reptiles against Jews (Russian), interview with Gennady Kostyrchenko
- Young, Cathy (17 March 2013), "Confronting Stalin's Legacy, 60 Years After His Death", Reason.
- Sommer, Tomasz; Chodakiewicz, Marek (January–February 2011), "Average Joe: The Return of Stalin Apologists", World Affairs .
- Litvin, Alter L.; Keep, John L. H. (2005), Stalinism: Russian and Western Views at the Turn of the Millennium, Totalitarian movements and political religions, Psychology Press, p. 48, ISBN 9780415351089
- Рептилии против евреев