|Venue||Hilton Newark Penn Station|
|Location(s)||Newark, New Jersey|
|Attendance||200 in 2003|
|Organized by||Erica Friedman|
Yuricon was an anime convention geared toward fans of yuri anime and manga. The first Yuricon event was held in 2003 in Newark, New Jersey with about 200 attending, although Yuricon has existed as an online entity since 2000. The event was organized by Yuricon, LLC., which continues to run Yuri-focused events of its own and to collaborate with other organizations to hold unique events. In 2005, Yuricon hosted an event in Tokyo and co-sponsored Onna!, together with the Shoujo Arts Society, which focused on women's roles in animation and comics. In 2007, Yuricon ran a small one-day event to recreate the feel of the Tokyo event from 2005. Admission to convention events is restricted to people over the age of 18.
Yuricon has a publishing arm, ALC Publishing, which is the only all-yuri publisher in the world. Publications include translations from the Japanese—such as Rica 'tte Kanji!? and WORKS—as well as the original English-language anthology series Yuri Monogatari.
Like other anime conventions, Yuricon hosted several panels, cosplay events, anime music video contests, and other competitions. Yuricon also maintains a library of yuri manga for attendees to read.
|June 13–15, 2003||Gateway Hilton|
Newark, New Jersey
|200||Dr. Sarah Frederick, Gaijin-a-gogo, Mike Hayes, Eriko Tadeno, Rica Takashima, and Kathryn Williams.|
|April 16, 2005|
|30||Akiko Mizoguchi, Natsuko Mori, Eriko Tadeno, and Rica Takashima.|
|September 29, 2007||Hilton Newark Penn Station|
Newark, New Jersey
- Yuri Monogatari (named for Nobuko Yoshiya's Hana Monogatari) is an annual anthology of yuri-themed short comics. In 2007, Yuri Monogatari 3 was nominated for the Lambda Book Award. Five Yuri Monogatari anthologies have been published. The Advocate has called Yuri Monogatari a "must-have manga".
- Shoujoai ni Bouken
- Rica 'tte Kanji!?
- Corson, Suzanne (2007). "Yuricon Celebrates Lesbian Anime and Manga". AfterEllen.com. Archived from the original on 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Yuricon 2003 Information". AnimeCons.com. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Erica Friedman Interview - Interview With Yuri Manga Publisher and Founder of YuriCon Archived 2016-08-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Lisa Z. "Convention Reports: Yuri Con 2003". Anipike.com. Archived from the original on 2006-01-18. Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- "Yuri Revolution 2005 Information". AnimeCons.com. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "Yuricon 2007 Information". AnimeCons.com. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Okazu: Yuri Monogatari News
- 100% Yuri Publications from ALC Publishing