Yusu Station (Fukuoka)
Yusu Station in 2008
|Location||Kasuya, Kasuya, Fukuoka
|Operated by||JR Kyushu|
|Line(s)||■ Sasaguri Line|
|Distance||2.5 km from Yoshizuka|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike shed|
|Status||Staffed ticket window with Midori no Madoguchi (outsourced)|
|Opened||13 March 1988|
|Passengers (FY2016)||3,615 daily|
|Rank||56th (among JR Kyushu stations)|
The station is served by the Sasaguri Line and is located 2.5 km from the starting point of the line at Yoshizuka. The station is sometimes depicted on maps and timetables as part of the Fukuhoku Yutaka Line, of which the Sasaguri Line is a component.
The station consists of two side platforms serving two tracks. The original configuration had been an island platform serving two tracks but in late 2016, another side platform had been build on the other side of track 1 and platform 1 was moved across. The former platform 1 on the island ws fenced off, leaving platform 2 using the former island as a side platform. The station building is a two stprey structure. The whole of the top level and part of the bottom level serves as designated parking areas for bicycles. A small waiting room and a staffed ticket window is located on the lower level. Platform 1 is directly access from the station building while platform 2 is access by means of a level crossing.
Management of the station has been outsourced to the JR Kyushu Tetsudou Eigyou Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of JR Kyushu specialising in station services. It staffs the ticket window which is equipped with a Midori no Madoguchi facility.
|Sasaguri Line (Fukuhoku Yutaka Line)|
The station was opened by JR Kyushu on 13 March 1988 as an additional station on the existing track of the Sasaguri Line.
In fiscal 2016, the station was used by an average of 3,615 passengers daily (boarding passengers only), and it ranked 56th among the busiest stations of JR Kyushu.
- "JR Kyushu Route Map" (PDF). JR Kyushu. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第3巻 北九州 筑豊 エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 3 Kyushu Chikuhō area] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 30, 75. ISBN 9784062951623.
- "柚須" [Yusu]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "柚須駅に訪問" [Visit to Yusu Station]. Dridorichi's railroad blog. 23 July 2017. Retrieved 7 March 2018. For photographic coverage of station facilities.
- "福岡支店内各駅" [Stations within the Fukuoka Branch]. JRTE website. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "柚須駅" [Yusu Station]. jr-mars.dyndns.org. Retrieved 7 March 2018. See images of tickets sold.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 697. ISBN 4533029809.
- "駅別乗車人員上位300駅（平成28年度）" [Passengers embarking by station - Top 300 stations (Fiscal 2016)] (PDF). JR Kyushu. 31 July 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2017. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yusu Station (Fukuoka).|
- Yusu (JR Kyushu)(in Japanese)
|This Fukuoka Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|