|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
Skyline of Yuzhong
Yuzhong in Chongqing
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Yuzhong District (Chinese: 渝中区; pinyin: Yúzhōng Qū;) is the central district and heart of Chongqing municipality. It is the capital of the municipality and is also the political, economical, and entertainment center of the city of Chongqing. Located in the central portion of Yuzhong is the Jiefangbei CBD, a leading business and financial centre of western China.
Surrounded on three sides by water (somewhat resembling a duck's head), Yuzhong is effectively a peninsula. Due to the limited space, its hilly nature, and the fact that it is the main central business district for Chongqing, Yuzhong contains some of the tallest skyscrapers in China and is the most densely populated district in the municipality.
Yuzhong District in Chongqing's economic center. In 2010, the region's GDP reached 55.3 billion Yuan, the per capita GDP reached US$11,700, retail sales reached 141.6 billion Yuan. The number of commercial banks in the district and municipal financial institutions reached 18. HSBC, Standard Chartered, Bank of East Asia and other international settled. The largest western China commercial area, Jiefangbei central business district, has brought together 90% of the domestic financial institutions in Chongqing, 2/3 in Chongqing foreign banks and insurance agencies, 3/4 world top 500 enterprises in Chongqing and foreign consular offices.
Chongqing Bashu Secondary School, once called Bashu Middle School (巴蜀中学) is a secondary school located in the Huanghuayuan area. Founded in 1933, it educates students aged 12–18. Its motto is 公正诚朴 (Justice and Honesty).
Yuzhong is currently served by three metro lines operated by Chongqing Rail Transit:
- Line 1 - Xiaoshizi, Jiaochangkou , Qixinggang, Lianglukou , Eling, Daping , Shiyoulu, Xietaizi
- Line 2 - Jiaochangkou , Linjiangmen, Huanghuayuan, Daxigou, Zengjiayan, Niujiaotuo , Liziba, Fotuguan, Daping
- Line 3 - Lianglukou , Niujiaotuo
- "Yuzong". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Ritz Tours (1 April 2013). "Chongqing YuZhong (Central Business District) Promotional Video". YouTube. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "联系我们." (Archive) Dicos. Retrieved on March 15, 2014. "公司地址：重庆市渝中区人民路248号圣迪亚大厦26楼德克士"
- Chongqing Bashu Secondary School, China.
- Media related to Yuzhong_District at Wikimedia Commons
|This Chongqing location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|