Yvonne John Lewis
Known for her immense musical and vocal range, her sound reminds listeners of Elizabeth Fraser of the Cocteau Twins. London based, she was discovered by Osmond Wright, better known by his stage name Mozez and a singer for British downtempo group Zero 7.
John Lewis first featured as a lead vocliast on Zero 7s albums, and has gone on to provide lead vocals for and been featured on recordings by artists including as Basement Jaxx, Sia, Stella Browne, Narcotic Thrust and Rollercone. She is well known as the featured singer on Narcotic Thrust's number one Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play hit from 2002, Safe From Harm.
John Lewis has worked as a backing vocalist for artists like Bryan Ferry, Blue, Enrique Iglesias, James Fargas, Westlife and Atomic Kitten. She also provided the vocal sample in Simon Webbe's track, No Worries. She toured with Roxy Music in 2004.
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Yvonne John Lewis in The AnswerBank: Music
- Atlantic Records :: Zero 7 Media : When It Falls Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- James Vargas
- These Vintage Years! - Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music - Yvonne John Lewis Archived 23 August 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
|This article on a house musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|