Exterior of arena during a meeting for the Lutte Ouvrière (c.2012)
|Full name||Zénith Paris—La Villette|
|Former names||Le Zénith (1984-2013)|
|Address||211 Avenue Jean Jaurès
Parc de la Villette
|Owner||Ministère de la Culture|
|Opened||12 January 1984|
|Venue Website (in French)|
Zénith Paris (originally known as Le Zénith and later Zénith de Paris) is a multi-purpose indoor arena in Paris, France. It is located in the Parc de la Villette in the 19th arrondissement on the edge of the Canal de l'Ourcq. Its ability to seat up to 6,293 people makes it one of the largest venues in Paris. The closest métro and RER stations are Porte de la Villette, Porte de Pantin, and Pantin.
The venue was built in 1983 to replace the Hippodrome de Pantin, a circus big-top which had become the main venue for touring rock bands visiting Paris (after the closing of the Pavillon de Paris). The Zénith was built on the same location as the old circus tent, and was designed by architects Philippe Chaix and Jean-Paul Morel on the initiative of Minister of Culture Jack Lang. It was inaugurated by Renaud at the start of 1984.
Somewhat reminiscent of the Eiffel Tower, this hall was intended to be used for a fixed term of three years after which it was to be dismantled and replaced by a new hall nearby. However, instead, its success gave birth to a chain of new halls throughout France, in Strasbourg, Toulouse, Montpellier, Nantes, Clermont-Ferrand, Rouen, Dijon, Pau, Toulon, Saint-Étienne, Caen, Orléans, Nancy, Amiens, Lille and Limoges. These halls are also named "Zénith", which is a trademark registered by COKER and the Ministry of Culture.
|Entertainment events at the Le Zenith|
|Date||Nationalities||Artists||Tours||Supporting Acts||Attendance||Box Office|
|November 7||United States||Pearl Jam||No Code Tour||N/A|
|November 14||United States||Britney Spears||Oops!... I Did It Again Tour||N/A|
|November 6||United Kingdom||Coldplay||A Rush of Blood to the Head Tour||N/A|
|March 18||Canada||Avril Lavigne||Try to Shut Me Up Tour||N/A|
|March 30||United Kingdom||Coldplay||A Rush of Blood to the Head Tour|
|May 25||United States||Evanescence||Fallen Tour||N/A|
|September||Canada||Avril Lavigne||Bonez Tour|
|March 26||Australia||Kylie Minogue||Showgirl: The Greatest Hits Tour||N/A|
|November 11||Barbados||Rihanna||Good Girl Gone Bad Tour||N/A||3,598 / 3,598||$201,781|
|June 10||SMTown Live '10 World Tour||N/A|
|October 20||United States||Bruno Mars||The Doo-Wops & Hooligans Tour||Tanya Lacey||N/A|
|June 4||South Korea||Super Junior||Super Show 4 World Tour||N/A||7,123 / 7,123||$853,547|
|September 7||United States||Paramore||The Self-Titled Tour||N/A|
|November 7||United Kingdom||Arctic Monkeys||AM Tour||The Strypes||N/A|
|October 30||United States||Lady Gaga||Artrave: The Artpop Ball||N/A|
|February 18||Argentina||Violetta||Violetta Live||N/A||N/A|
|March 16||Ireland||The Script||No Sound Without Silence Tour||Colton Avery
|March 25||Trinidad & Tobago||Nicki Minaj||The Pinkprint Tour||N/A|
|May 14||United States||Ariana Grande||Honeymoon Tour|
|May 22||Australia||5 Seconds of Summer||Rock Out with Your Socks Out Tour|
|September 15||Argentina||Violetta||Violetta Live||N/A||N/A|
|November 2||United States||Imagine Dragons||Smoke + Mirrors Tour||Sunset Sons||N/A|
|November 17||United Kingdom||Simply Red||Big Love 30th Anniversary Tour||N/A|
|February 25||United Kingdom||Ellie Goulding||Delirium World Tour||Sara Hartman||N/A||N/A|
|May 30||United States||Pentatonix||2016 World Tour||N/A|
|June 8||United Kingdom||Little Mix||The Glory Days Tour|
|November 17||United States||Twenty One Pilots||Emotional Roadshow World Tour|
- fr:Le Zénith Paris - La Villette
- Le Zénith
- Parc de la Villette
- Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie, City of Science and Industry in Parc de la Villette
- La Géode, an IMAX domed theatre in Parc de la Villette
- Cité de la musique, City of Music, in Parc de la Villette
- Sources for current venue name:
- "Qui sommes-nous? - LE CONCEPT ZÉNITH" [Who are we? - THE ZENITH CONCEPT]. Le Zénith Paris - La Villette Official Website (in French). January 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Zénith Paris – La Villette". Arcora. January 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Kichenama, Mathilde (1 December 2014). "Le Zénith Paris : une exposition pour ses 30 ans !" [The Zenith Paris: an exhibition for its 30 years!]. Villa Schweppes (in French). Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Sources for original/previous name:
- Giacometti, Pierre (13 September 2013). "Taratata sur internet et pour son 20ème anniversaire au Zénith de Paris" [Taratata on the internet and for its 20th anniversary at the Zénith de Paris]. Télé Star (in French). Mondadori France. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Rivais, Rafaële (7 April 2017). "Le Zénith de Paris fait de la musique… mais aussi du bruit" [The Zenith of Paris makes music ... but also noise]. Le Monde (in French). Groupe Le Monde. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Dieudonné invite le négationniste Faurisson sur scène, "consternation" d'Albanel" [Dieudonné invites the negationist Faurisson on stage, "consternation" of Albanel]. Le Parisien (in French). Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy. 28 December 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "SM타운 라이브, 6월 파리 공연 확정..유럽 한류열풍 기대 - 아시아경제". Asiae.co.kr. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Super Junior to hold concert in Paris". Koreaherald.com. 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- Freeth, Becky (2016-02-26). "Make-up free Ellie Goulding appears fresh-faced despite a late night at BRITs afterparty as she makes a stylish arrival in Paris". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "twenty one pilots announce world tour dates - News - Alternative Press". Altpress.com. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zénith de Paris.|