|Type||Digital audio player|
|Operating system||ZEN UI|
|Storage||Available in 30 and 60 GB hard drive|
2.5" backlit TFT LCD Screen |
320 × 240 resolution
18-bit color depth (262,144 colors)
|Input||TouchPad (Black pad for black model and white for the others), four blue backlit buttons, Power/Hold slider|
The ZEN Vision:M was a portable media player developed by Creative Technology, and was launched on December 8, 2005. The device's features and interface was adapted from the earlier released ZEN Vision with a smaller screen size and dimensions.
The player is capable of audio playback, including audiobook files from Audible.com (as of firmware version 1.41.01), video playback (DivX, AVI, Xvid, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP, WMV9 and MJPEG), mostly through external conversion via bundled software, and image display in JPEG (BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF could be converted).
Both the 30 GB model and the 60 GB contain a built-in recordable FM radio tuner. The feature to record was pulled by a firmware update, but was reinstated in a further update in the 30 GB model only.
The ZEN Vision:M won Best of Show and Best Portable Audio & Video Device awards at the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show, as well as the Red Dot Design Award. Months later, a 60 GB model of the player was released, which included a USB host that allowed users to transfer photos from a digital camera to the Zen Vision.
On March 11, 2007, slimmer versions of the 60 GB models of the ZEN Vision:M and ZEN Vision W were released by Creative, making the players as slim as their 30 GB counterparts.
- Best in Show Award - (CNET.com, January 2006)
- Best of CES 2006 - MP3 and Portable Video category (CNET.com, January 2006)
- Best of CES 2006 - Portable Video category (Laptop, January 2006)
- Editor's Choice Award (PC Gamer, May 2006)
- World Class Award (PC World, July 2006)
|Capacity||30 GB (has ability to record FM radio) / 60 GB (has USB Host)|
|Memory type||Hard drive|
|Dimensions||104 × 62 × 18.6 mm (4.09 × 2.44 × 0.73 in.)|
|Weight||163 g (5.75 oz.)|
|Screen||2.5-inch TFT LCD|
|Screen resolution||320 × 240 pixels|
|Color depth||18-bit (262,144 colors)|
|Battery life||Audio playback > 14hrs (30 GB) / 17hrs (60 GB)|
Video playback > 4hrs (30 GB) / 5hrs (60 GB)
|Charging time||6hrs (2.5hrs through optional power adapter)|
|Video formats||DivX / Xvid 4.x / 5.x, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-SP, WMV9, Motion-JPEG|
|Audio formats||MP3, WMA (including protected WMA), WAV,|
|Photo formats||JPEG, up to 16 megapixels (BMP, GIF, and TIFF with included conversion software)|
|Battery||Replacing voids warranty, rechargeable Li-Ion battery|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||Up to 96dB|
|Harmonic distortion Output||<0.1%|
|Frequency response||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|EQ types||Acoustic, Classical, Disco, Jazz, New Age, Pop, Rock, and Vocal & 5-band custom setting|
|Album art source||Folder.jpg or Direct Album Art ID3 tag on MP3 file|
|Audio output||3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, built-in speaker for clicker|
|Video output||Composite TV-Out: supports NTSC and PAL systems (720 by 576 pixels)|
|Recording input quota||10hrs|
|FM radio presets||32|
|Connection type||USB1.1 / 2.0, MTP|
|Removable disk quota||16 GB (30 GB) / 32 GB (60 GB) Though media files may be uploaded to the device, they can not be accessed.|
|PIM||Syncs with Microsoft Outlook Contacts, Calendar & Tasks|
|System requirements||Windows Vista or XP (Compatible with Windows 2000, Me, and 98SE when this driver  is installed. For Linux, see libmtp. For Mac OS X, see )|
- Creative Zen VISION: M series - MP3 players, CNET Reviews
- Wood, Molly (2006-10-13). "Zen Vision:M firmware upgrade removes FM recording". CNET. Retrieved 2007-12-28.
- Chen, Jason (2006-11-20). "Creative Reactivates FM Recording For Zen Vision:M". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2007-12-28.
- "CNET - ZEN Vision:M gives the iPod a run for its money".
- "red dot award: product design 2006 - ZEN Vision:M Portable Media Player".
- Deleon, Nicholas. "Creative Officially Unveils Zen Vision W, 60GB Zen Vision:M". Gizmodo.
- "Creative Zen Vision: M Discontinued". PMP Today. Sep 1, 2007.