ZiL 157 w/Czech RM-51 rocket launcher
|Type||2 1⁄2-ton (2,268kg) 6x6 truck|
|Place of origin||USSR|
1966-1994 (mod. ЗиЛ 157КД)
|Weight||5,540 kg (12,214 lb) (empty)|
|Length||6.93 m (22 ft 9 in)|
|Width||2.32 m (7 ft 7 in)|
|Height||2.74 m (9 ft 0 in)|
104 hp (78 kW)
|Transmission||5 speed X 2 range transfer case|
|Suspension||Live beam axles on leaf springs|
|Speed||40 km/h (24.9 mph)|
The ZIL-157 is a general purpose 2 1⁄2-ton 6x6 truck, produced in post-WW2 Soviet Russia. The ZIL-157 was the standard Soviet truck until it was replaced by the ZIL-131 and Ural-375D series that became the standard Soviet army trucks alongside with GAZ-66. The People's Liberation Army also produced the CA-30, a copy of the ZIL-157.
- ZIL-157B: Tractor-trailer version. Produced 1958-1982.
- ZIL-165: Prototype for ZIL-131. Produced in 1958.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ZiL-157.|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2014)|
- "ZIL 157 at Etoile Rouge". Clement Hourbe & Aymeric Lopez. 2010. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Fan-Club ZiL 157
- English website for Russian Military Trucks
- Short movie about the ZIL-157, with Russian comment
- "Russian drawings of ZiL 157". http://drawingdatabase.com. Retrieved 28 Dec 2014.
|This military vehicle article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|