This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Available in||English, Traditional Chinese, Japanese|
|Founded||2010 (Hong Kong)|
|Key people||Alessandro Gadotti (Group CEO)|
Hooman Mazaheri (CEO Europe)
Scott Moore (CEO Asia)
Gregory Gresh (CEO N. America)
ZNAP was a global mobile business platform  developed by Hong Kong-based company MPayMe, a business technology company founded in 2010. ZNAP was acquired by Powa Technologies in June 2014. Powa Technologies went bankrupt in February 2016.
The ZNAP mobile platform facilitated omni-channel commerce between consumers and merchants via mobile devices with internet access. Supported channels included Internet (online shopping), mobile shopping (via mobile handsets), print (magazines, newspapers), outdoor ads (posters, bus shelters), television, and app-to-app. Basic features included electronic vouchers/coupons, real-time loyalty programme management, alongside secure/efficient mobile payments. The ZNAP mobile app is available for Apple iOS, Google Android, and BlackBerry OS supported devices. ZNAP is PCI DSS Level 1 compliant, and all data and real-time transactions are managed in the cloud-based system.
ZNAP had its headquarters and R&D centre in Hong Kong. It had offices in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangkok, Rome and Milan. ZNAP had been launched in the USA, United Kingdom, Southeast Asia & Japan.
MPayMe, the company behind ZNAP, was founded in 2010 with both the Headquarters and R&D centre based in Hong Kong. In January 2013, ZNAP version 1.0 launched its first field test with Dial-A-Dinner, a gourmet meal delivery service in Hong Kong. In June 2013, ZNAP collaborated with London’s online fashion boutique Bengt Fashion and held a pop-up shop event.
ZNAP released version 1.5 in July 2013, shifting away from a pure mobile payment solution to an integrated mobile business platform. In August 2013, ZNAP was officially launched in the United Kingdom. Announced at Chester Racecourse under an innovative ZNAP QR-BAR theme, guests were invited to order drinks with the new catalogue menu ordering feature.
In the United Kingdom, the Rugby Football Union (RFU) has rolled-out ZNAP at Twickenham Stadium for attendees to pre-pay food and drinks at six bars. ZNAP was live at the RBS 6 Nations games and Friday Night Lights BUCS Rugby Championship Finals in March 2014; and St George’s Day game, Army vs Navy game, the RFU Cup finals and the Marriott’s Seven’s game in April 2014.
ZNAP was involved in the 2014 Sound City New York and Liverpool events, enabling festival goers and conference delegates to “tap and pay” for drinks and snacks using paired NFC-enabled wristbands.
ZNAP is attested as PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider and in compliance with the American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard Worldwide, and Visa Inc. security standards. Its security features (which authenticate transactions and protect users’ personal data) have been patented and do not require any third party software or integration.
Alliance partnerships have been formed with WorldPay, First Data, First Data Merchant Solutions, Triple Jump Technologies, Fanwaze, Billing Systems, Optimal Payments, OmniPay, Planet Payment, JetPay, ProfitStars, Thomson Reuters, Unirisx, Oxygen 8 Group, Rackspace and others.
- "2013 Red Herring Global Top 100 List". Red Herring. November 20, 2013.
- "2013 Red Herring Asia Top 100 List". Red Herring. September 5, 2013.
- "Hong Kong's 20 Hottest Start-ups". Hong Kong Business Magazine. March 1, 2013.
- "Powa Technologies acquires ZNAP". PaymentEye. June 14, 2014.
- "iZettle to ZNAP: five new payment methods every firm needs to know". Real Business. September 9, 2013.
- Sally, Davies (June 12, 2014). "Powa Tech buys MPayMe for $75m to corner mobile payments market". Financial Times.
- "Step up to the QR-bar: MPayMe launches ZNAP in Europe". Mobile Payments Today. September 5, 2013.
- "BillingTree Launches M-Payment Suite for Auto Industry". creditcardmachines.net. January 27, 2014.
- "Pay off your car loan by snapping a QR code". Mobile Money Revolution. January 28, 2014.
- "EDITORIAL: To reiterate – NFC is not dead!". Contactless Intelligence. January 27, 2014.
- "Rugby Football Union installs mobile commerce technology". ComputerWeekly.com. February 11, 2014.
- "The RFU selects ZNAP for m-commerce service". Mobile Payments World. February 13, 2014.
- "Mobile payments for Twickenham fans". BT.com. February 20, 2014.
- "Znap to provide cashless solutions at Sound City festival". The Paypers. April 16, 2014.
- "Liverpool's Sound City festival opts for cashless". Ecommerce Week. April 30, 2014.
- "WorldPay and ZNAP agree global partnership to offer customers greater choice on global mobile payments". theintegratedretailer.com. April 11, 2014.
- "WorldPay, ZNAP partner to enable multichannel commerce". Mobile Payments Today. April 9, 2014.
- “Znap puts merchants at heart of mobile commerce revolution”. Banking Technology. March 4, 2014.
- “A new era”. Retail Systems. January 2014. p. 21.
- “Recap of MobiU2013: Mobile Path to Purchase, 10/24, from the ExpHall Perspective”. Heartland Mobile Report. October 30, 2013.
- “MPayMe, Creator of the Znap App, Eyes the U.S. Mobile-Pay Market”. Payment Source. October 28, 2013.
- “Consumers don’t trust mobile payments study finds”. Telecoms.com. October 25, 2013.
- “Wallet-slaying payment app hopes to mimic MasterCard”. E&T. October 23, 2013.
- “ZNAP at Apps World 2013: Wallets and debit cards will be obsolete in 10 years”. ITProPortal. October 22, 2013
- “ZNAP at Apps World 2013: Wallets and debit cards will be obsolete in 10 years”. Cisco Dot TV. October 22, 2013.
- “Don’t worry, be appy”. Reuters UK. October 22, 2013.
- “Mobile wallets face uphill struggle in UK”. Banking Technology. September 24, 2013.
- “World Payments Report 2013”. Capgemini. September 16, 2013. p. 46.
- “iZettle to ZNAP: five new payment methods every firm needs to know”. Real business. September 9, 2013.
- “Spotlight: ZNAP Wallet”. Mobile Marketing Magazine. August 30, 2013
- “Spotlight: ZNAP Wallet”. One News Page. August 30, 2013.
- “So how many loyalty cards do you own?”. The New Statesman. August 22, 2013.
- “8m using loyalty cards less than a year ago”.Retail Gazette. August 21, 2013.
- “PayExpo video montage - Interview with Hooman Mazaheri“. PaymentEye. July 23, 2013.
- “GUEST WRITER: 4G is not enough to secure the future of mobile payments”. PaymentEye. July 15, 2013.
- “Interview: MPayMe's Moran Lerner on why simplifying mobile payments and offering reward programmes to users is key to adoption”. Mobile-Financial. July 9, 2013.
- “Interview: MPayMe's Moran Lerner on why simplifying mobile payments and offering reward programmes to users is key to adoption”. IT Pro Portal. July 8, 2013.
- “UK start-ups aim to be future global giants”. Mobile World Live. July 2, 2013.
- “Maintaining Order in a Changing eCommerce Environment”. Transaction World Magazine. July 1, 2013.
- “Key Companies to Watch / New Entrants to the Mobile Payments Space Race (from Mobile Commerce and Payment Innovations Summit 2013)”. Mobile Media Wallet. June 28, 2013.
- “Key Quotes from Leading Mobile Commerce and Payment Executives (from Mobile Commerce and Payment Innovations Summit 2013)”. Mobile Wallet Media. June 28, 2013.
- “UK start-ups aim to be global giants”. Raconteur. June 23, 2013.
- “Future of Payments – A ‘znappy’ way to pay”. Raconteur. June 23, 2013. p. 7.
- “Could Barclays' Buyit kickstart (genuine) mobile commerce?”. Mobile Entertainment. June 20, 2013.