Zacapu (Place of Stones), is a city and surrounding municipality in the Nahuatzen mountains of Michoacán, Mexico. It is located at . The municipality has an area of 455.96 km2 (176.05 sq mi). Geographic features in Zacapu include the Cerro del Tecolote mountain range.
The 2010 Mexican census indicated that the city had a population of 52,806 and the municipality a population of 73,455.
- José Ángel Aguilar, writer
- Juan B. Guido, poet
- Fray Jacobo Daciano, Danish Franciscan priest, member of the Tzintzuntzan convent
- Primo Tapia de la Cruz, labor leader who organized farming communities against landholders. He was assassinated in 1926.
- Abel Alcázar Pallares, philanthropist and community activist
- Armando Martínez (cyclist), cyclist
- Rodolfo Vitela, cyclist
- Jorge del Pozzo, businessman
- César Martínez, boxer
- Adolfo García Trujillo, marathonist
- Eugenio Calderón, professional footballer, played for Cruz Azul, Morelia, Irapuato, Tigres and Guadalajara. Retired in 1992.
- Michoacán, Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México
- Zacapu.com, website from Zacapu city (in Spanish)
- Zacapu.gob.mx, Zacapu municipal government website (in Spanish)
|This article about a location in the Mexican state of Michoacán is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|