|Born||Zachary Paul Makovsky
April 19, 1983 
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
|Other names||Fun Size|
|Residence||Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
|Reach||64.0 in (163 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Rank||Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Marcelo Garcia|
|Wrestling||NCAA Division I Wrestling|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
|Competitor for United States|
|2010 Cracow||-60 kg (no-gi)|
|2010 Cracow||-60 kg (gi)|
|2009 Fort Lauderdale||-60 kg (no-gi)|
Zachary Paul "Zach" Makovsky is an American mixed martial artist currently competing in the Flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He has competed in EliteXC, ShoXC, and Bellator, and is the former Bellator Bantamweight Champion. As of April 20, 2015, he is #9 in official UFC flyweight rankings.
Makovsky was born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Makovsky began wrestling when he was six years old and excelled in youth and middle school programs before attending Bethlehem Catholic High School were he was a four year varsity letterman and the captain for his senior season. Makovsky then attended Drexel University, and was a walk on for the wrestling team. After redshirting his first season, he went on to be a four year varsity letterman and captain of the team for his senior season. During the off-season, Makovsky trained in mixed martial arts, met Eddie Alvarez, and competed in many grappling tournaments. Makovsky's overall grappling record is 65-7.
Mixed martial arts career
Makovsky began his mixed martial arts career in small shows based in New Jersey, United States. He compiled a 3–0 record, with each victory coming via decision (two via unanimous decision and one via split decision).
Makovsky then joined EliteXC and made his promotional debut at ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series in January 2008. His opponent was two-time Bellator Featherweight Tournament participant Wilson Reis. Early in the second round, Reis defeated Makovsky via submission (arm-triangle choke).
In his final pre-Bellator fight, Makovsky was part of the M-1 Selection in the Americas. He defeated Josh Rave via technical submission (guillotine choke) after controlling the bout with effective takedowns and wrestling.
Bellator Fighting Championships
Makovsky debuted for the Bellator promotion at Bellator 21 against Eric Luke. Late in the second round, Makovsky forced Luke to tap out to a kimura. As a result of that victory, Makovsky was signed to take part in the Bellator Season Three Bantamweight Tournament.
In the tournament final, Makovsky faced Ed West. Makovsky also fell to a kimura early in the matchup and a knee that knocked him down in the opening seconds. However, Makovsky came back and controlled the fight to take a unanimous decision and become the inaugural Bellator Bantamweight Champion.
Makovsky attempted to make his first title defense against Season 5 bantamweight tournament winner Eduardo Dantas at Bellator 65 in Atlantic City on April 13, 2012. He lost via second round technical submission due to an arm triangle choke.
Makovsky attempted to get back into the win column when he took on Anthony Leone, but lost the fight by controversial split decision. After two consecutive losses, Makovsky was released from the promotion.
On May 11, 2013 Makovsky made his flyweight debut for Cage Fury Fighting Championships. Makovsky defeated fellow Bellator veteran Claudio Ledesma via unanimous decision.
Resurrection Fighting Alliance
On November 22, 2013 Makovsky made his debut for RFA against Matt Manzanares for the vacant Flyweight Championship. He won the fight via unanimous decision.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
On December 4, 2013, it was announced that Makovsky had signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, stepping in to replace an injured John Dodson against Scott Jorgensen at UFC on Fox 9. He won the fight via unanimous decision.
Makovsky was expected to face Jussier Formiga on August 2, 2014 at UFC 176. However, after UFC 176 was cancelled, Formiga/Makovsky was rescheduled and eventually took place on August 16, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 47. Makovsky lost the fight via unanimous decision.
- Bellator Fighting Championships
- Resurrection Fighting Alliance
- RFA Flyweight Championship (One time, Current)
- Combat in the Cage
- CITC Bantamweight Championship (One time) 
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|25 matches||19 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||19–6||John Dodson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 187||May 23, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada United States|
|Win||19–5||Tim Elliott||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch||February 14, 2015||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||18–5||Jussier Formiga||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. St. Preux||August 16, 2014||3||5:00||Bangor, Maine, United States|
|Win||18–4||Josh Sampo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 170||February 22, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||17–4||Scott Jorgensen||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Benavidez 2||December 14, 2013||3||5:00||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Win||16–4||Matt Manzanares||Decision (unanimous)||RFA 11||November 22, 2013||5||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States||Won vacant RFA Flyweight Championship|
|Win||15–4||Claudio Ledesma||Decision (unanimous)||CFFC 24||May 11, 2013||3||5:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Flyweight debut|
|Loss||14–4||Anthony Leone||Decision (split)||Bellator 83||December 7, 2012||3||5:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||14–3||Eduardo Dantas||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Bellator 65||April 13, 2012||2||3:26||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Lost Bellator Bantamweight Championship|
|Win||14–2||Ryan Roberts||Submission (north-south choke)||Bellator 54||October 15, 2011||1||4:48||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Non-title fight|
|Win||13–2||Chad Robichaux||TKO (punches)||Bellator 41||April 16, 2011||3||2:02||Yuma, Arizona, United States||Non-title fight|
|Win||12–2||Ed West||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 32||October 14, 2010||5||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Bellator Season Three Bantamweight Final; Became Bellator Bantamweight Champion.|
|Win||11–2||Bryan Goldsby||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 30||September 23, 2010||3||5:00||Louisville, Kentucky, United States||Bellator Season Three Bantamweight Tournament Semifinal|
|Win||10–2||Nick Mamalis||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 27||September 2, 2010||3||5:00||San Antonio, Texas, United States||Bellator Season Three Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal|
|Win||9–2||Eric Luke||Submission (kimura)||Bellator 21||June 10, 2010||2||4:28||Hollywood, Florida, United States|
|Win||8–2||Josh Rave||Submission (guillotine choke)||M-1 Global: The Americas Round 1||April 3, 2010||3||1:49||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||7–2||David Harris||Submission (triangle choke)||Adrenaline: New Breed||February 26, 2010||1||1:50||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||6–2||Toshiaki Kitada||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Deep: 43 Impact||August 23, 2009||1||4:22||Tokyo, Japan|
|Win||6–1||Nate Williams||Submission (rear-naked choke)||WCA: Caged Combat||June 6, 2009||3||2:33||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||5–1||Justin Robbins||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Extreme Challenge: The War at the Shore||January 26, 2009||2||1:05||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||4–1||Andre Soares||Decision (unanimous)||EliteXC: Primetime||May 31, 2008||3||5:00||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||3–1||Wilson Reis||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series||January 25, 2008||2||1:15||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||3–0||Emerson Souza||Decision (unanimous)||CITC: Fearless Fighters Return||October 6, 2007||3||5:00||Trenton, New Jersey, United States||Won CITC Bantamweight Championship|
|Win||2–0||Leandro Escobar||Decision (split)||Extreme Challenge 75||March 23, 2007||3||5:00||Trenton, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||1–0||Tinh Tupy||Decision (unanimous)||CITC: Evolutions||December 9, 2006||3||5:00||Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States|
- "About Zach". funsizemma.com. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- "Fight Card - UFC 187 Johnson vs. Cormier". UFC.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Zach Makovsky - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- UFC Fighter Rankings
- "Chonan, Imanari triumphant at Deep 43. Mishima falls". sherdog.com. August 23, 2009.
- "Makovsky submits Rave in M-1; Migliaccio falls". sherdog.com. April 3, 2010.
- "Pat Curran wins Bellator Season 2 155lbs tournament". bellator.com. June 11, 2010.
- "Bellator 27 recap: Joe Warren claims belt with stunning knockout". mmajunkie.com. September 2, 2010.
- "Bellator 30 recap: Baker bests Horn, Makovsky vs. West set for bantamweight final". mmajunkie.com. September 23, 2010.
- "Bellator 32 recap: Konrad takes title with sub, new champ Makovsky earns decision". mmajunkie.com. October 14, 2010.
- "Makovsky-Roberts Non-Title Tilt on Tap for Bellator 54". Sherdog.com. 2011-08-17.
- "Zach Makovsky defends bantamweight title against Eduardo Dantas at Bellator 65". mmainterplay.com. 2012-02-10.
- Tommy Hackett (2013-12-14). "UFC on Fox 9 Results: Zach Makovsky edges Scott Jorgensen in UFC debut". cagedinsider.com. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- Dann Stupp (2014-01-05). "Josh Sampo vs. Zach Makovsky slated for UFC 170 in Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Ben Fowles (2014-02-22). "UFC 170 results, photos: Zach Makovsky tops a game Josh Sampo via decision". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-02-22.
- Staff (2014-05-06). "Jussier Formiga vs. Zach Makovsky added to UFC 176 in August". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- Erickson, Matt (2014-07-08). "After UFC 176 cancellation, Green-Trujillo, Formiga-Makovsky move to UFC Fight Night 47". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- Brian Knapp (August 16, 2014). "UFC Fight Night Bangor Prelims: Jussier ‘Formiga’ grapples past Zach Makovsky". sherdog.com. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- Raimondi, Marc (2014-11-10). "Zach Makovsky-Tim Elliott announced for UFC Colorado". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- Steven Marrocco (February 14, 2015). "UFC Fight Night 60 results, photos: Zach Makovsky tops Tim Elliott in fun scrap". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Staff (February 22, 2015). "Flyweights John Dodson and Zach Makovsky slated for UFC 187 in Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Dave Doyle (2015-05-23). "John Dodson takes unanimous decision over Zach Makovsky". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-05-23.