Zach Myers of Shinedown performing at the Dow Event Center in Saginaw MI in February 2013
|Born||November 7, 1983|
|Origin||Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.|
|PRS Zach Myers signature model|
Zach Myers (Born; Michael Zachery Myers) was born in 1983 in Memphis, Tennessee. He founded and is currently the lead singer and guitarist for the rock band The Fairwell. He is also the former bassist and current guitarist for the hard rock band Shinedown, and the manager of Memphis pop rock band Sore Eyes.
Myers married longtime girlfriend, singer-songwriter Bethany Gulke, on September 5, 2014. They had their first child, Oliver Levon Myers, spring of 2016.
Being a collector of vintage musical equipment, Myers currently owns over two hundred guitars of various makes.
Myers has also been an enthusiastic supporter of his hometown Memphis Grizzlies. He has been seen at many games when off tour as he is a court side season ticket holder.
Zach Myers is also an avid sneaker collector reported to have upward of 600 pairs of Nike, and Air Jordan shoes.
Additionally, Myers is devoted to his family llama farm.
The Fairwell is a rock band from Memphis, Tennessee. The band was founded by lead singer and guitarist Zach Myers, a Beale Street based, internationally touring blues artist from age 14. The other band members have changed over the years, with the notable exception of long-time and current guitarist and vocalist Kris Allen, who played and started a fanbase on Beale Street at an early age. Drummer Michael McManus is the most recent addition to the band, having joined in 2008. The group has opened for dozens of major recording artists including 3 Doors Down and Hinder, and has appeared in numerous magazine, radio, television appearances, as recently as March 24, 2008 on CBS televisions "Live at 9".
Zach joined Shinedown as a touring rhythm guitarist in 2005, before becoming their temporary bassist after the departure of Brad Stewart in 2007. In early 2008, he assumed the role of permanent rhythm guitarist. On December 18, 2008 Nick Perri departed Shinedown, leaving Zach to assume the role of the band's rhythm and lead guitarist.
On March 23, 2010, Zach Myers appeared on the cover of guitar edge magazine.
Zach Myers toured with Saliva in 2004 and 2005 filling in for Dave Novotny. In 2011 Zach appeared as guest guitarist at Nonpoint concert playing their hit Bullet with a Name with them. On April 15, 2011 Zach joined Brother Cane as lead guitarist for their reunion show at Dallas International Guitar Festival.
Myers runs his own artist management company, Cursed Management Group. Myers made his first foray into artist management with the Memphis rock band Sore Eyes. After having seen the band play around the local area and been suitably impressed, he asked Sore Eyes to support Shinedown for a few sold out shows at the Machine Shop in Flint, Michigan in December 2008. Unbeknownst to the band these performances were being used by Myers as an audition to see whether they could cut it as potential clients. According to vocalist Shi Eubank, after the shows Myers had said, "Well, the reason I brought you out here is that I wanted to see if you’d sink or swim in front of a crowd like this ... and you guys are out here doing the breaststroke.” He then told the band that he would like to step in and work on the management end with them.
- PRS Guitars
- Charcoal Burst PRS Singlecut
- Zach Myers Signature PRS Singlecut 3 Humbuckers
- 3 Humbucker Silverburst PRS, 2nd prototype for his signature model
- Royal Blue PRS Singlecut, Zach's favorite guitar and one of the first singlecut guitar PRS ever made
- Gold Starla Bigsby, 59'/09' PRS pickups
- PRS Mira
- PRS NF-3
- White PRS Hollowbody I
- PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II
- Black and Natural 72' Fender Telecaster Thinline
- Taylor Guitars
- Custom Grand Symphony * Built for Zach
- GS Custom 12th Fret
- 916 W/ Custom Inlay
- Grand Concert Non Cutaway
- Koa T-5
- GS 8
- 814 Standard
- ESP Guitars
- LTD M-IV BTT-MKAFBS Vinyl
- M-II Custom + Mark IV
- Custom Built Bill Nash Telecaster
- Saint Blues
- SIT - Nickelwounds
- In Tune 0.73MM
- GCX Pedal Board
- Samson UR-5D
- BossDC-2 Chorus Pedal
- Digitech Hyper Phase
- Digitech Whammy IV
- Dunlop Bob Bradshaw Boost/Overdrive (Zach only uses the boost)
- Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
- Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
- Electro-Harmonix XO Micro Pog Octave Pedal
- Line 6 DL4 Delay Pedal
- Furman Voltage Regulator
Guitar Rig & Signal Flow
A detailed gear diagram of Zach Myers' 2011 Shinedown guitar rig is well-documented.
- He was taught by Rick Forbus for six years at Yarbrough's Music, Inc.6120 Macon Road Memphis, TN 38134 Ax facts & Stats vol. 57: Shinedown guitarist Zach Myers!
- WREG-TV Memphis - Live at 9 Online!
- Saulnier, Jason (16 May 2013). "Shinedown Interview". Music Legends. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Making Waves with ... Sore Eyes". HitQuarters. 9 August 2010. Retrieved Aug 10, 2010.
- "Doors Are Beginning To Open For Band Sore Eyes". mlive.com. 15 July 2009. Retrieved Aug 10, 2010.
- "Marashino lands on top as opener for Shinedown at Machine Shop in Flint". mlive.com. 18 December 2008. Retrieved Aug 10, 2010.
- "SE Zach Myers Signature". PRS Guitars. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- Cooper, Adam (2011). "Zach Myers' 2011 Shinedown Guitar Rig". GuitarGeek.Com.
- Original image by Curt R. WallFli Productions. Now on wiki commons www.wallfliproductions.com/blog