Scott in 2013.
|Full name||Zacharias Scott|
|Date of birth||July 2, 1980|
|Place of birth||Haiku-Pauwela, Hawaii, United States|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Defender/Defensive Midfielder|
|2002||Cleveland Force (indoor)||7||(1)|
|2002–2003||San Diego Sockers (indoor)||10||(1)|
|2009–2016||Seattle Sounders FC||118||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 23, 2016.
Zacharias "Zach" Scott (born July 2, 1980) is a retired American soccer player who last played as a defender for Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer. Scott now serves as a periodic contributor to local Sounders television broadcasts.
Youth and college
Scott signed with the Seattle Sounders of the USL First Division in 2002. On October 3, 2002, he signed with the Cleveland Force of the Major Indoor Soccer League. However, he ended the season with the San Diego Sockers. Scott signed a one-year contract with the Sockers in the fall of 2003, but took an indefinite leave of absence from the team in December 2003 and never rejoined the Sockers.
The most memorable game of Scott's 2008 season was in the quarter finals of the US Open Cup against the Kansas City Wizards, where he capped an outstanding defensive performance with the winning penalty shootout goal, sending Seattle to the semifinals for the second year in a row.
On September 15, 2016, Scott said that he would retire at the end of the 2016 season, his 15th with the Sounders. He had been nicknamed "Mr. Sounder" by former Sounders coach Sigi Schmid for his career with the club as well as his personality. The Sounders went on to win the MLS Cup Final in Scott's last season and he finished his playing career with one MLS title, two USL First Division titles, four U.S. Open Cups and an MLS Supporters' Shield.
Career MLS statistics
|Club||Season||League||Playoffs||U.S. Open Cup||Champions League||Total|
|Seattle Sounders FC||2009||9||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||-||-||-||9||0||0|
- A-League Western Conference Championship (1): 2004
- A-League/USL-1 Commissioner's Cup (2): 2002, 2007
- USL First Division Championship (2): 2005, 2007
Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Communications (March 1, 2017). "Sounders FC announces complete 2017 regional broadcast lineup". SoundersFC.com. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "Television and Radio Broadcasts". SoundersFC.com. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- Collias, Robert (March 13, 2009). "Maui High grad Scott signs with Sounders". Maui News. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Gonzaga University senior defender Zach Scott of Haiku, Hawai'i has been named to the Soccer America men's Team of the Week". West Coast Conference Sports. October 23, 2001. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Seattle's Zach Scott Clawed His Way to MLS Pinnacle". American Soccer Now. November 20, 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- FORCE ROSTER TAKING SHAPE
- "Sounders Top Kansas City in Penalties". USL Soccer. Retrieved July 9, 2008.
- Pentz, Matt (September 15, 2016). "Longtime Sounders stalwart Zach Scott to retire at the end of this season". The Seattle Times. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- Ruiz, Don (May 16, 2014). "Scott a fitting nominee for 'Mr. Sounder' title". Tri-City Herald. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- Sounders FC Communications (March 1, 2017). "Sounders FC announces complete 2017 regional broadcast lineup". SoundersFC.com. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Parchman, Will (March 2, 2017). "Supporters, family and friends send Zach Scott off with testimonial match". SoundersFC.com. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zach Scott.|