Zacharias Rasmussen Mellebye was born on Udengen in Skjeberg parish at Sarpsborg in Østfold, Norway. He participated in the military as a non-commissioned officer in both in 1808 and 1814. He was a commander in the Aker Sharpshooter Regiment (Akershusiske skarpskytterregiment). He represented his regiment at the Norwegian Constituent Assembly in 1814. He generally supported the independence party (Selvstendighetspartiet).    
He was married to Sofie Magnusdatter Begbye (1781- 1872) with whom he had eight children.
- Rasmussen Mellebye, Zacharias (Eidsvollsmenn)
- Mardal, Marius A. "Zacharias Mellebye". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
- "Utengen. Skjeberg herad. Østfold". Matrikkelutkastet av 1950. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Akershusiske skarpskytterregiment (lokalhistoriewiki.no)
- Selvstendighetspartie (Norsk partipolitisk leksikon)
- Zacharias Rasmussen Mellebye (ostfold.1814)
- Zacharias Rasmussen Mellebye (lokalhistoriewiki.no)
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1780s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|