|Education||MFA Design and Technology, Parsons School of Design|
|Known for||interactive art, programming, video, digital art|
Lieberman has held residencies at Ars Electronica Futurelab, Eyebeam, Dance Theater Workshop, and the Hangar Center for the Arts in Barcelona. In 2013, he co-founded the School for Poetic Computation, a hybrid of a school, residency and research group in New York City.
His work uses technology in a playful way to break down the fragile boundary between the visible and the invisible. His art work focuses around computer graphics, human-computer interaction, and computer vision.
Awards & Distinctions
- 2018: Maryland Institute College of Art William O. Steinmetz ’50 Designer-in-Residence.
- 2010: AOL 25x25 Artist grant
- 2010: Golden Nica in Interactive Art for the project Eyewriter, Prix Ars Electronica. Shared with James Powderly, Tony Quan, Evan Roth, Chris Sugrue (US) and Theo Watson (UK).
- 2010: 100 Most Creative People in Business, Fast Company
- 2009: Artist's Grant, New York State Council on the Arts
- 2008: Honorary Mention at Ars Electronica in the Interactive Art category, for the OpenFrameworks project, shared with Theo Watson 
- 2006: Award, CYNETart competition.
- 2006: Award of Distinction, Ars Electronica 2006 Prix.
- 2005: Artist's Grant, New York State Council on the Arts
- 2005: Nominee, Artist of the Year, 6th Annual WIRED magazine Rave Award
- 2004: Honorable Mention, Interactive Art, Prix Ars Electronica 2004
- "MoMA Talk to Me: EyeWriter". Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Please wait... Golan Levin Messa di Voce". Daniel Langlois Foundation. The Daniel Langlois Foundation. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Open Frameworks:development". Open Frameworks. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Zachary Lieberman | eyebeam.org". eyebeam.org. Retrieved 2016-01-28.
- "Zach Lieberman | School for Poetic Computation". sfpc.io. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "FAQ | School for Poetic Computation". sfpc.io. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- Art, Maryland Institute College of. "2018 Steinmetz Design Residency Awarded to Art Media Technologist Zachary Lieberman | MICA". www.mica.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- Artcentron (2018-03-27). "Zachary Lieberman Awarded MICA Steinmetz Design Residency | Artcentron". Artcentron. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "Ars Electronica 2010". Ars Electronica. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Sacks, Danielle. "36. Zachary Lieberman Media Artist Cofounder, OpenFrameworks". Fast Company. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "2008 Prix Winners: Interactive Art". Ars Electronica. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- thesystemis, Lieberman's personal website
- Drawn: on Zachary Lieberman’s work
- Interview on Window.org.nz
- Interview on Rocketboom
- Unexpected: live performance, technology and the risk of something (or everything) going wrong. ie, learning love chance, talk by Zachary Lieberman at Medialab Prado, 15 October 2009
- New York Times article about School for Poetic Computation