|Chicago White Sox – No. 76|
|Born: March 9, 1995|
Downers Grove, Illinois
Burdi attended Downers Grove South High School in Downers Grove, Illinois, where he played for the school's baseball team as a pitcher. He then enrolled at the University of Louisville, where he played college baseball for the Louisville Cardinals.
The Chicago White Sox selected Burdi as the 26th pick in the first round of the 2016 Major League Baseball Draft. After he signed with the White Sox, Burdi made one appearance with the Arizona White Sox of the Rookie-level Arizona League, four appearances with the Winston-Salem Dash of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League, 12 appearances for the Birmingham Barons of the Class AA Southern League, and was then promoted to the Charlotte Knights of the Class AAA International League. He finished his first professional season with a 1-0 record and a 3.32 ERA, with 51 strikeouts in 38 innings pitched between the four clubs. Burdi spent all of 2017 with Charlotte, posting an 0-4 record with a 4.05 ERA.
- Rossi, Jason (June 10, 2016). "Downers Grove South grad Zack Burdi picked by White Sox in MLB Draft". My Suburban Life. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Jones, Steve (June 8, 2016). "Projected 1st-rounder Burdi set for draft". Courier Journal. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Santaromita, Dan (June 9, 2016). "White Sox select hard-throwing RHP Zack Burdi with No. 26 pick". Chicago Now. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Dorsey, Russell (July 3, 2016). "White Sox prospect Zack Burdi excited to chase his dream". Daily Herald. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Skrbina, Paul (August 10, 2016). "Top-flight pitching prospect Zack Burdi on fast track to White Sox". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- "Carter Kieboom Stats, Highlights, Bio | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Milb.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- Merkin, Scott (January 20, 2016). "White Sox prospect Zack Burdi knows he's close | MLB.com". M.mlb.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "Zack Burdi Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- Jones, Steve (May 28, 2015). "Zach the latest 100 mph-throwing Burdi". Courier Journal. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|