Zack O'Malley Greenburg
Zack O'Malley Greenburg (born March 8, 1985, New York City) is an American writer, journalist and former child-actor. He is a senior editor at Forbes magazine, where he covers music, media and entertainment. He is also the author of two books: Michael Jackson, Inc.: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of a Billion-Dollar Empire (Atria/Simon & Schuster, 2014), and a biography of Jay-Z, titled Empire State of Mind (book): How Jay-Z Went From Street Corner to Corner Office (Penguin/Portfolio, 2011). He is also notable for playing Lorenzo Odone in the 1992 film Lorenzo's Oil.
Greenburg's first writing job was reviewing video games at Boys' Life Magazine at the age of 14. While at Yale, he wrote extensively for the Yale Daily News as a varsity baseball beat reporter, sports columnist and scene (arts and living) writer. A feature he authored on a varsity outfielder who had returned to the field after nearly dying in a car crash won him an award his senior year.
He has written more than 500 articles for Forbes, Forbes Asia and Forbes.com. His reporting has mostly focused on business, travel, music, and finance. He has profiled many influential figures, including: Bruno Mars, Diddy, 50 Cent, Toby Keith, Russell Simmons, Steve Wozniak, Afrika Bambaataa, Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Paul Volcker, DMX, Dr. Ruth and Richard Branson.
He has also written for The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, and other news outlets. He has also served as an expert source for CNBC, BBC, Bloomberg, Reuters, NPR, and other print, web, radio and video outlets.
Both of Greenburg's parents are authors: his father, Dan Greenburg, may be best known for the series The Zack Files (named after his son), and his mother, Suzanne O'Malley, is a former writer for Law & Order, and author of a book on Andrea Yates. A former child actor, he played the title role in the film Lorenzo's Oil, alongside Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon. He moved from New York to Hastings-on-Hudson, New York and graduated from Hastings High School in 2003. Greenburg graduated from Yale College with a degree in American Studies and a concentration in Urban Studies, and started writing for Forbes magazine in 2005.
Books by Zack O'Malley Greenburg
- Michael Jackson, Inc.: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of a Billion-Dollar Empire. 2014. ISBN 978-1476705965.
- Empire State of Mind: How Jay-Z Went From Street Corner to Corner Office. 2011. ISBN 978-1591845409.
- "Forbes Author Profile". Forbes. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- SCHULTZ, JONATHAN (March 17, 2011). "What happened to the Jay-Z jeep?". The New York Times. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- "Greenburg beats odds to lead the Elis"
- "Bruno Mars Reveals Inspiration Behind Billionaire"
- "Diddy at SXSW"
- O'Malley Greenburg, Zack (June 15, 2008). "Lorenzo's Oil – And Lorenzo's courage". Washington Post.
-  Yale Alumni Directory
- Greenburg website
- "IMDb profile". IMDB.