Zafar Nozim (Tajik: Зафар Нозим, Persian: ظفر ناظم, 2 June 1940 – 3 August 2010) was a folk singer from Tajikistan. He was a popular performer of Tajik national songs. He was known as the "Tajik Pavarotti".
Nozim was born in the Rasht Valley in Central Tajikistan, and first came to public attention in the early 1960s. He sang songs based on classical Tajik literature, and was also a composer. He was named Honored Artist of Tajikistan in 1964, People's Artist of Tajikistan in 1972, and Laureate of the State. In 2009, he was awarded a Sitorai Prezidenti Tojikiston (Star of the President of Tajikistan). He died in Dushanbe after a long illness, including suffering a stroke.
- Eshonkulova, Lutfiya (5 August 2010). "Folk favourite singer has died". Khovar. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Сарояндаи маъруф Зафар Нозим даргузашт". BBC Tajik (in Tajik). 3 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- В Душанбе скончался народный артист Таджикистана Зафар Нозим. Central Asia News Agency (in Russian). thenews.kz. 3 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Tursunzoda, Mekhrangez (4 August 2010). Скончался Народный артист Таджикистана Зафар Нозим. Centrasia (in Russian). Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Сафар, Тоҳири (4 June 2010). "Сорбони корвони ҳунар". Radio Ozodi (in Tajik). Retrieved 9 August 2010.
|This article about a Tajikistani singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|