Zagorus or Zagoros (Ancient Greek: Ζάγωρος), also Zagorum or Zagoron (Ζάγωρον), and also Zagora (Ζάγωρα) or Zageira (Ζάγειρα) or Zacoria, was a town on the Euxine coast of ancient Paphlagonia on the road between Sinope and the mouth of the Halys River, from the latter of which it was distant about 400 stadia.
- Marcian of Heraclea, p. 73.
- Arrian. Periplus Ponti Euxini. p. 15.
- Ptolemy. The Geography. 5.4.5.
- Tabula Peutingeriana
- Richard Talbert, ed. (2000). Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World. Princeton University Press. p. 87, and directory notes accompanying.
- Lund University. Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire.
|This article about a location in ancient Paphlagonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|