The Zagreb Funicular (Croatian: Zagrebačka uspinjača) is the funicular in Zagreb, Croatia, operated by ZET, situated in Tomić Street, connecting the Ilica Street (Donji Grad) with Strossmayerovo šetalište (Strossmayer promenade) to the north (Gornji Grad). Its 66-metre (217 ft) track makes it one of the shortest public-transport funiculars in the world.
In 1888 a certain D.W. Klein won a concession to build in Zagreb a funicular. The funicular was built and put into operation in 1890. The funicular was propelled by a steam engine. Initially the steam pressure was so low and repairs were so often the that it remained out of operation nearly half of time.  In 1934 its steam propulsion was replaced by an electrical engine.
In 1969 operation of the funicular was suspended due to security reasons: its systems were worn out. The renovation works were lasted for four and half years. The funicular was but back in operation on July 26, 1974. 
Having in mind that it kept its original shape, constructional and most of the technical properties, it was given legal protection as a monument of culture.
It has two cars for 28 passengers each (16 seated and 12 standing places). It runs at a speed of 1.5 m/s (4.9 ft/s), needing 64 seconds to cross the distance. Its rides are scheduled everu 10 min. every day from 6:30 to 24:00.
The cars are 5,640 mm (18 ft 6 in) long, and weigh 5.05 tonnes (4.97 long tons; 5.57 short tons) when empty. Each can carry 2,240 kg (4,940 lb). The electrical engine is in the northern (upper) station. It has a power output of 28.5 kW (38.2 hp), operates on 400 V direct current, at 720 revolutions per minute. The funicular runs on a 1,200 mm (3 ft 11 1⁄4 in) gauge track, track length is only 66 m (217 ft), but height difference is 30.5 m (100 ft) and inclination 52%. This makes it one of the shortest, but also one of the steepest funiculars in the world. 
- "Funicular". ZET. Archived from the original on August 5, 2014. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- "Uspinjača - zagrebačka perjanica već 127 godina!". Zagrebački električni tramvaj d.o.o. November 8, 2017. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "Zagrebačka uspinjača". Grad Zagreb. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Tomislav, Anić (2011). Povijest obilježena inovacijama 125 godina Siemensa u Hrvatskoj (PDF). Zagreb: Siemens d.d. pp. 194–195. ISBN 978-953-55237-1-0.
- "Detaljnije... ZET - Javni prijevoz u Zagrebu". ZET. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "Zagreb Funicular:Technical". Funimag. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zagreb Funicular.|