Zagreb Zoo map
|Date opened||June 27, 1925|
|Land area||5.5 ha (14 acres)
7 ha (17 acres) including lakes and ponds
|No. of animals||2,225|
|No. of species||275|
Zagreb Zoo (Croatian: Zološki vrt grada Zagreba) is a 7-hectare (17-acre) zoo located within Maksimir Park in Zagreb, Croatia and is literally across the street from Zagreb's Stadion Maksimir, where major football matches are played and rock concerts take place. It is one of three zoo parks in the country.
The zoo opened its doors on June 27, 1925. Reconstruction of the old zoo began in 1990. In October 2016. first part of the Zoo reconstruction and modernization was finished.
The zoo is home to 2,225 animals representing 275 species, including snow leopard, red panda, okapi, addax, scimitar oryx, North China leopard, common chimpanzee, Diana monkey, wisent, pygmy hippopotamus, and Bactrian camel.
- http://www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr/?id=159&solo=22&l=h (Croatian)
- http://www.zgzoo.com/hr/o-nama/ (Croatian)
- "EAZA Member Zoos & Aquariums". eaza.net. EAZA. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Zoos and Aquariums of the World". waza.org. WAZA. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- http://www.zgzoo.com/hr/o-nama/povijest-zoo-vrta/ (Croatian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zagreb Zoo.|
- Official website
- Novi projekti i sve više sadržaja za posjetitelje (Croatian)
- Gradi se novi zoološki vrt, gotovo četiri puta veći od maksimirskog! (Croatian)
|This Zagreb-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, dolphinarium, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|