|Minister of Health and Family Welfare|
|Assumed office |
7 January 2019
|Born||11 April 1959|
Manikganj District, East Pakistan, Pakistan
|Political party||Bangladesh Awami League|
Zahid Maleque (born 11 April 1959) is a Bangladesh Awami League politician and the current Minister of Health and Family Welfare. In 2016, he received WHO award on behalf of the health ministry for reducing child mortality.
Maleque was born on 11 April 1959 in Garpara Union, Manikgonj Sadar Upazila, Manikgonj District, East Pakistan. His parents were Colonel A Maleque and Fouzia Maleque. His father was a former minister and member of parliament.
Maleque was elected to parliament from Manikganj-3 in 2018 as a candidate of Bangladesh Awami League. He is chairman of Sun Life Insurance Company Limited, Bangladesh Thai Aluminium Limited, World Wide Enterprise Limited, Rahat Real Estate and Construction Limited and Pristine Color Limited.
- "Tongi disaster exposes a weakness in Bangladesh's health sector". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Bangladesh gets UN recognition". thedailystar.net. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Calls to regulate Horlicks advertisements in Bangladesh maligning breastfeeding campaign". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Zahid Maleque -জাহিদ মালেক Biography". Amarmp. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- "Zahid Maleque, MP,Chairman, BTA Group". reflectionnews.com. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- "Zahid Maleque -জাহিদ মালেক History". Amarmp. Retrieved 2018-07-24.