April 26, 1959
Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan
|Years active||1975 – present|
During her time as student at Lahore College for Women University, she acted as President of the Dramatic Society and completed a National Guard training. She achieved many prizes in inter-college debating competitions. In 1975, she also performed in the annual production of the play “Phandy”.
In her early 20s, Zaib Rehman started to perform in PTV classics like “Ragon Mein Andhera” (which turned into the series "Andhera Ujala"), “Shikayatein Hikayatein” and “Inn Se Miliye”. She also acted in the popular PTV series “Fard-e-Jurm” and “Hazaaron Raastey” and starred in one of the most famous series of individual plays: “Andhera Ujala”. She later appeared in surrealistic plays like “Chamkee”, “Se Semar”, “Waqt-e-waqt”, “Mehar O Jena”, “Aasaib”, “Roma”, “Haar” and “Seraab Parast” of the series “Nigar Khana”. PTV’s prominent hit “Pehli Si Muhabbat” was her final TV performance.
After a long family-related hiatus, Zaib Rehman made her movie debut in 2011, portraying a suffering mother in Shoaib Mansoor’s Pakistani hit movie “Bol”. Critics describe her performance as "outstanding", "compelling" and "most effective". In April 2014, she shot scenes for Farouq Mengal's Pakistani movie "Hijrat" in Istanbul, Turkey, with Asad Zaman, Rabia Butt, Jamal Shah and Durdana Butt.
|2011||Bol||Suraiya Khan||Lux Style Awards
SAARC Film Awards
|2013||The Dusk||Aliya Chauhan||Delayed|
Zaib Rehman holds the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (University of the Punjab)
- D.T.L. (Diploma in Taxation Law)
She currently practices law in Lahore High Court and is providing free legal aid to deserving prisoners. In April 2014, Zaib Rehman - chairwoman of the Lahore High Court Women Prisons Committee - paid for air tickets for two Tanzanians forgotten in Central Jail Lahore (Kot Lakhpat) for two years. The Tanzanians, Umar Ali Suleiman and Muhammad Ashraf Zakki, were jailed for overstay in Pakistan. They returned to their home country on May 7, 2014.
She frequently holds lectures on social topics in different colleges, e. g. at Lahore University of Management Sciences' Feminist Society (FemSoc). In March 2014, she received the Distinguished Alumni Award at Lahore College for Women University.
- Ghafoor, Usman (7 March 2010), "I am like putty in the director's hands", The News International on Sunday, Karachi
- Chopra, Sonia, Bol review: Leaves you spellbound!, sify movies
- Malani, Gaurav (31 August 2011), Bol: Movie Review, The Times of India
- Adarsh, Taran (29 August 2011), Bol (2011), Bollywood Hungama
- Jebsen, Peter. "Zaib Rehman on the set of Pakistani movie "Hijrat" in Istanbul". flickr.
- "Mega drama serial ‘Mannat’ starts on Geo TV", The News International, Karachi, 20 November 2016
- Mannat, Geo TV
- "The Dusk" on Internet Movie Database
- Khan, Amraiz (27 April 2014), "Tickets funded for foreigners languishing in Pak jail", The Nation, Lahore
- Jebsen, Peter (22 May 2014), Forgotten prisoners: Tanzanians suffer in Pakistani jails, Hamburg: www.Sozialgeschnatter.de
- Shehzad, Bushra (22 March 2014), "‘I Need Feminism’ campaign: raising awareness and challenging stereotypes", Daily Times, Lahore
- "Conference on women issues starts", The News International, Karachi, 20 March 2014