|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009)|
|Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid
سید زید الزمان حامد
|Born||14 March 1964|
|Other names||Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid|
|Known for||BrassTacks TV Series: Takmeel-e-Pakistan Movement|
Early life and education
Zaid was born in Karachi, Pakistan, in 1964. His father, Lt Col. Zaman Hamid (Retd), served in the Pakistan Army. Zaid spent his early life in Karachi. He received a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree in Computer Systems Engineering from NED University, Karachi in 1980's.
Through his TV programmes, Hamid has claimed that a nexus between RAW, Mossad and the CIA is responsible for the destabilization of Pakistan. He also claims that the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, were part of a plan hatched by "Hindu Zionists"", and that it was an attempt by the Indians to stage an attack just like the Americans executed the September 11 attacks. . He is also very vocal and critical about Ajit Doval, who is an Indian intelligence officer and is Prime Minister Narendra Modi's National Security Adviser. He criticizes Doval of being over confident and shameless.
Zaid has argued:
- Sikhs in the Indian Punjab are secretly Muslims whose allegiance lies with Pakistan
- The adoption of the gold standard was a Zionist plot
- Suicide bombers in Pakistan are actually Hindus because they are uncircumcised
- The flag of Pakistan will fly atop Delhi Fort very soon
- The nuclear weapons of non-Muslim countries will either become unusable or explode on their own territories
- The 2008 Mumbai attacks were hatched by “Hindu Zionists” just as the 9/11 attacks were planned by “Western Zionists”
- The dead bodies of Pakistan’s elected leaders will hang on poles in Islamabad, like what was done with Dr Najibullah in Afghanistan
Hamid first gained recognition in Pakistan for a TV show, Brasstacks, that aired on NewsOne. Hamid critiqued the capitalist system that had led the world to many wars. His series on "Economic Terrorism" was well received.
A number of Pakistani journalists, writers and Islamic scholars have criticized Hamid and have described his views on politics and security as conspiracy theories. Zaid Hamid has been criticised as xenophobic and hate speech towards Hindus.
On 20-November-2013, Imaad Khalid; a former staff member of Zaid Hamid, revealed at a press conference, that Zaid Hamid was plotting to assassinate Pro-democracy Army Chief, Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani. He showed Media the emails that he claims were sent by Zaid Hamid to different Army Officers asking them for a revolt against their own chief. He said "Zaid Hamid is a quisling and enemy of Islam and Pakistan, who had plotted unsuccessfully to assassinate the pro-democracy army chief Gen Kayani." Khalid further claimed that Zaid's hit list also contained the names of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, and others from the media and the judiciary.
Responding to the allegations Zaid Hamid wrote on Twitter, "Pak Army (Pakistan Army) is an extremely professional org. Anyone contacting thousands of officers for rebellion against COAS cannot survive," in another tweet he wrote, "Imaad was our team member who suddenly became hostile in April & joined the enemies."
In June 2015, Hamid was arrested in Saudi Arabia after making speeches against the Saudi government. He was visiting the Kingdom on a private tour with family when he was arrested.
On 1 July 2015 media sources began citing unconfirmed reports that Hamid has been sentenced to 8 years in prison, and 1,000 or 1,200 lashes, for criticizing the government in Saudi Arabia  Media reports later claimed this was a hoax. Zaid Hamid is very much in a Saudi prison, but it is not known if he’s been sentenced, what are the charges against him, or what the punishment is. The Pakistan embassy has officially requested consular access and information about the charges against Hamid. These requests to the Saudi government remain unanswered.
- Amber Rahim Shamsi (9 May 2010). "Will the real Zaid Hamid please stand up?". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Pak TV channel says 26/11 hatched by Hindu Zionists, Times of India
- Hate speech -- II: The Pakistan report card
- "Educated and radical: Why Pakistan produces Faisal Shahzads". Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Zaid Hamid Ki Haqeeqat[dead link]
- Gul Bukhari. "Clear and present danger". DAWN. DAWN. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Nadeem F. Paracha (8 March 2012). "Declaring sanity". DAWN. DAWN. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Hate speech III – by Fasi Zaka (The News) « Zaid Zaman Hamid and a few hundred Zaidonists". Zaidonists.wordpress.com. 26 March 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2013.[better source needed]
- Will the real Zaid Hamid please stand up - Express Tribune
- In defence of reason by Nadeem F. Paracha
- Mansoor, Hasan (21 November 2013). "Zaid Hamid accused of plotting to kill key figures". Dawn. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Zaid Hamid arrested in Saudi Arabia - Express Tribune
- Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid
- BrassTacks website
- Zaid Hamid's book on alternate political mode 'Khilafat e Rashida'
- Zaid Hamid's book introducing Allama Iqbal to the youth of Pakistan 'Iqbal pur Israr'
- Zaid Hamid's book on spirituality and Ishq e Rasul SAW 'Halqa e Yaraan'