Komuna e Zajazit
|Country||Republic of North Macedonia|
|region||Southwestern Statistical Region|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|Split from||Kičevo Municipality in 1996|
|Merged into||Kičevo Municipality in 2013|
Zajas (Macedonian: Зајас (help·info), Albanian: Zajaz) is a former municipality in western Republic of North Macedonia, created in the 1996 territorial organisation, dissolved following 2013 Macedonian new territorial organisation after it was merged with Kičevo Municipality.
- Zajas is also the name of the village where the municipal seat was found.
- Zajas Municipality was part of the Southwestern Statistical Region.
The municipality bordered
- Mavrovo and Rostuša Municipality to the west,
- Gostivar Municipality to the northeast,
- Oslomej Municipality to the east,
- Kičevo Municipality to the southeast, and
- Drugovo Municipality to the southwest.
According to the last national census from 2002, this municipality has 11,605 inhabitants.
- Ethnic groups in the municipality include:
- Albanians = 11,308 (97.4%)
- Macedonians = 211 (1.8%)
- others = 86 (0.7%)
The total number of students in the municipality in 2011, in comparison to the total number of students in 2007, declined for 35.5%. Zajas is the second municipality in North Macedonia by the decline of the total number of students.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zajas Municipality.|