Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych
Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych (Social Insurance Institution, abbreviation ZUS) is a Polish state organization responsible for social insurance matters, operating since 1934. ZUS is supervised by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy. ZUS carries out the following tasks:
- establishing the entitlement to social insurance benefits,
- paying-out of social insurance benefits,
- assessment and collection of social insurance and health insurance contributions and contributions to the Labour Fund and the Fund of Guaranteed Employee Benefits,
- maintaining individual accounts of the insured and accounts of contribution payers.
ZUS is organized into field organizational units which includes: branches, inspectorates and field offices. The national network of ZUS organizational units includes 325 units, of which 43 branch offices, 216 inspectorates and 66 local offices.
- Official website
- SOCIAL INSURANCE IN POLAND: information, facts - 2015 English language informational brochure by ZUS
- Infolinia ZUS
|This Poland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|