This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Orth at WonderCon in March 2013
Adam Zachary Orth|
October 15, 1970
Libertyville, Illinois, U.S.
|Alma mater||DePaul University|
Zak Orth (born October 15, 1970) is an American actor known for his roles in Wet Hot American Summer, The Baxter, Melinda and Melinda, In and Out, Music and Lyrics, and NYC 22. He also starred in the NBC television drama Revolution as Aaron, and appeared as a man haunted by psychic visions in an episode of the Fox series Fringe.
Orth was born Adam Zachary Orth in Libertyville, Illinois, the son of Jane (Oehms), a piano teacher, and Robert Orth, an opera singer. He is a good friend of the members of the comedy group Stella and has appeared in many of their short films, as well as their 2005 TV series. He is also known for his brief role in Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet, as the character Gregory. Orth is an alumnus of DePaul University.
- Spanking the Monkey (1994) as Curtis
- The Pallbearer (1996) as An Abernathy Cousin
- Romeo + Juliet (1996) as Gregory
- Rose Hill (1997) as Douglas Clayborne
- In & Out (1997) as Mike
- When Trumpets Fade (1998) as Warren "Sandy" Sanderson
- Snow Falling on Cedars (1999) as Deputy Abel Martinson
- My Teacher's Wife (1999) as Paul Faber
- Down to You (2000) as Monk Jablonski
- Loser (2000) as Adam
- Wet Hot American Summer (2001) as J.J.
- Monday Night Mayhem (2002) as Don Ohlmeyer
- Kill the Poor (2003) as Butch
- Hair High (2004) as Zip Carlswell (voice)
- Melinda and Melinda (2004) as Peter
- The F Word (2005) as Manny
- The Baxter (2005) as Wendall Wimms
- Prime (2005) as Randall
- Merry F %$in' Christmas (2005) as Nuns Gone Wild Host
- The Ten (2007) as Prosecutor / Tour Guide Barge Michaelson
- Manhunt 2 (2007) as The Project Militia (voice)
- Music and Lyrics (2007) as David Newbert - TV Executive #1
- Life in Flight (2008) as Josh
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008) as Adam
- (Untitled) (2009) as Porter Canby
- Peter and Vandy (2009) as Keith
- Fringe (The Ghost Network) (2009) as Roy McComb
- 30 Rock (2009) - "St. Valentine's Day" - as Young Priest
- Monogamy (2010) as Quinny
- You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010) as Narrator
- Red Dead Redemption (2010) as The Local Population (voice)
- The Other Guys (2010) as Accountant
- The Wonderful Maladys (2010) as Mary Malady's husband
- Vamps (2012) as Renfield
- Revolution (2012–2014) as Aaron Pittman
- Elementary (2014) as Gabe Coleman
- Matters of the Heart (2015)
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (2015) as J.J.
- Veep (2015–2016) as Jim
- Casual (2015–2017) as Drew
- Falling Water (2016–2018) as Bill Boerg
- Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later (2017) as J.J.
- Human Kind Of (2018) as Mr. Russo / Ethan / Dad / Eye Patch (voices)
- "Zak Orth Biography (1970-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- Colford, Caitlin (2010-06-27). "Tribeca Film Festival Interview: Monogamous with Zak Orth". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-08-07.