This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Yevgeny Nikolayevich Prilepin|
7 July 1975
Ilyinka, Ryazan Oblast, RSFSR, USSR
|Pen name||Zakhar Prilepin|
|Occupation||Writer, philologist, journalist, politics, presenter, musician, businessman, soldier|
|Alma mater||Nizhny Novgorod State University|
|Literary movement||Realism, fantasy|
|Notable works||The Pathologies|
|Notable awards||"Super Natsbest" (2011)|
Yevgeny Nikolayevich Prilepin (Russian: Евге́ний Никола́евич Приле́пин; born 7 July 1975), writing as Zakhar Prilepin (Russian: Захар Прилепин), and sometimes using another pseudonym, Yevgeny Lavlinsky (Russian: Евгений Лавлинский), this one mostly for journalistic publications, is a Russian writer. Founder of the social movement "For Truth".
Previously he was a member of Russia's unregistered National Bolshevik Party since 1996 to 2019.
Yevgeny Prilepin was born 7 July 1975 in the village of Ilyinka, Skopinsky District, Ryazan Oblast in the family of a teacher and a nurse. He began his career at age 16. He graduated from the Faculty of Philology of the Nizhny Novgorod State University and the School of Public Policy. He worked as a laborer, a security guard, served as a squad leader in the riot police, took part in the fighting in Chechnya in 1996 and 1999.
In 1999, due to financial difficulties, leaves the service in the OMON and gets a job as a journalist in the Nizhny Novgorod newspaper "Delo". Published under many pseudonyms, the most famous of which is "Eugene Lavlinskiy". In 2000 he became editor of the newspaper. At the same time begins to work on his first novel, "The Pathologies".
"The newspaper, however, was horrible yellow and sometimes even reactionary, although it was part of the holding of Sergei Kiriyenko. And I realized that I spend a life for nothing – and began to write a novel. At first, it was a novel about love, but eventually (I worked three or four years), it has turned into a novel about Chechnya as about the most powerful experience of my life – as the saying goes, what we are doing always turns out to a Kalashnikov rifle."
Works by Prilepin were published in various newspapers, including in the "Limonka", "Literary Gazette", "The Edge", "General Line" as well as in the magazines "North", "Friendship of Peoples", "Roman-gazeta", " New World "," snob "," Russian pioneer "," Russian life. " He was the chief editor of the NBP Nizhny Novgorod "People's Observer". He participated in a seminar of young writers Moscow – Peredelkino (February 2004) and in IV, V, VI Forum of Young Writers in Moscow, Russia.
Prilepin is a member of Russian National Bolshevik Party a supporter of the coalition "The Other Russia", took part in the organization of the Nizhny Novgorod March Dissenters 24 March 2007. In July 2012, he published a short essay titled "A Letter to comrade Stalin", a Stalinist critique aimed against modern Russian "liberal society", which was widely regarded as antisemitic.
The media repeatedly mentioned Prilepin's friendship with Vladislav Surkov. It was reported that Surkov and Prilepin grew up in the same city.
In February 2017, Prilepin announced the formation of a volunteer battalion in the self-proclaimed People's Republic of Donetsk; and claimed it would "ride on a white horse into any town we've abandoned." Prilepin soon became an influential figure in this self-declared state. In July 2018 he returned "demobilized" to Moscow.
On 29 November 2018, he joined to the All-Russian People's Front. Because of this, he was excluded from The Other Russia political party by its founder Eduard Limonov, who earlier, together with party members, offered Prilepin to make his own choice in favor of one of the two political structures.
On 29 October 2019, he created the public movement "For Truth". He also admitted that the movement could be transformed into a political party that will participate in the 2021 legislative election.
Prilepin expressed that his favorite authors are Gaito Gazdanov, Romain Gary, Boris Zaytsev, Thomas Mann, Henry Miller, Anatoly Marienhof, Vladimir Nabokov, Eduard Limonov, Alexander Prokhanov, Jonathan Franzen, Mikhail Sholokhov. He lists among his favorite poetry the Silver Age of Russian Poetry, Latin American poetry and modern Greek poetry. Prilepin expressed that his favorite poet is Sergei Yesenin
Prilepin is married and has two sons and two daughters. He lives in Nizhny Novgorod.
- Санькя – Sankya, Novel. Ad Marginem, Moscow 2006, 280 pages
- Патологии – The Pathologies, Novel. Andreevsky Flag, Moscow 2005, 250 pages
- Грех – Sin. Vargius, Moscow 2007
- Чёрная обезьяна (Black ape) AST, Moscow 2012
- Обитель. (Abode) AST, Moscow 2014
- Ботинки, полные горячей водкой. (Shoes filled with hot vodka) AST, Moscow 2008
- Война. (A war) AST, Moscow 2008
- Революция. (Revolution) AST, Moscow2009
- Я пришёл из России. (I came from Russia) Moscow 2008
- Terra Tartarara. Это касается лично меня" (сборник эссе). (Terra Tartarara. It's personally about me) AST, Moscow 2009
- Летучие бурлаки. (Flying burlaks) AST, Moscow 2014
- Леонид Леонов: Игра его была огромна. (Leonid Leonov: His play was great) Molodaya Gvardiya, Moscow 2010
- Книгочёт. (The Bookgazer) Astrel, Moscow 2012
- Именины сердца. Разговоры с русской литературой. (Heart's birthday. The talk with Russian literature) AST, Moscow 2009
- "Захар Прилепин – Биография". Zaharprilepin.ru. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Захар Прилепин | Новая литературная карта России". Litkarta.ru. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Прилепин, Захар". Lenta.ru. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Биография Захара Прилепина | Анонимная Правда". Sta-sta.ru. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Medved magazine, No 3 (138), 2010
- "Eugene Lavlinskiy". Liga-press.ru. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Письмо товарищу Сталину – Общество – Свободная Пресса". svpressa.ru. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Ежедневный Журнал: Дебютант". Ej.ru. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "МЫ ЗДЕСЬ | Публикации | Сифилис антисемитизма". Newswe.com. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- From “Malorossiya” With Love?, Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab (18 July 2017)
- Russian writer quits Donbas terrorists' ranks, moves back to Moscow, UNIAN (18 July 2017)
- ОНФ подвёл итоги первой пятилетки и обновил руководство
- Эдуард Лимонов исключил Захара Прилепина из партии «Другая Россия». За членство в ОНФ
- Захар Прилепин написал партию
- Захар Прилепин. Биография
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zakhar Prilepin.|