Zakir Khan (comedian)
20 August 1987|
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Alma mater||St. Paul Higher Secondary School, Indore|
|Years active||2009 – present|
|Known for||Haq Se Single|
Ismail Khan (father)Kulsum Khan (mother)
Zakir Khan is an Indian stand-up comedian, writer, presenter and actor. In 2012, he rose to popularity by winning Comedy Central's India's Best Stand Up Comedian competition. He has also been a part of a news comedy show, On Air with AIB.
Khan has a diploma in Sitar and is a college dropout. He became a known face in India's stand-up comedy circuit in 2012 when he won the title of 'India's Best Stand Up', a comedy competition organized by Comedy Central. Besides performing at many stand-up comedy shows, he has also done ghostwriting and produced radio shows. His comedy style was applauded in NDTV Prime's The Rising Stars of Comedy television show. He is known for his punchline "Sakht launda", which means a guy with immense self-control who would not be easily manipulated by pretty, cunning girls.
In September 2017, he appeared as one of the three mentors along with Mallika Dua and Hussain Dalal for the fifth season of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, judged by actor Akshay Kumar. He recently gained more popularity on social media and completed his two million subscribers on YouTube due to his standup comic with Amazon Prime's Haq Se Single.
Khan wrote and played the protagonist in the Amazon Prime web series Chacha Vidhayak Hain Hamaare.
In 2015, Khan co-hosted and wrote On Air with AIB, a news comedy show, with Tanmay Bhat and Gursimran Khamba from the Indian comedy group All India Bakchod. The show was broadcast on natiotelevision channel Star World, India.
- "A sharpening of the comedic senses". The Hindu. 26 March 2016.
- ScoopWhoop (2018-02-28). "From Radio Intern To 'Sakht Launda', Zakir Khan's Story Will Inspire You To Be Who You Want To Be". ScoopWhoop. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- "AIB Diwas: Zakir Khan shares tips on wooing city women". India.com. 11 May 2016.
- "An average Indori boy with no job to becoming India's beloved comedian, here's a story that brewed in the making of Zakir Khan". chaaipani. 2016-06-19. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "Zakir Khan: What You Can Learn From His Standup Comedy 'Haq Se Single'?". dropoutdudes. 2017-07-30. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- Zakir Khan’s web-series ‘Chacha Vidhayak Hai Hamare’ Has An All Exclusive Free Premier For His Biggest Fans, retrieved 2018-05-10
- "Not so Serious". The Hindu. 11 April 2013.