September 15, 1988
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Universe Kosovo 2008|
Miss Universe 2008
Zana Krasniqi (born September 15, 1988 in Pristina) is a Kosovar fashion model and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss Universe Kosovo 2008. She represented Kosovo for the first time in Miss Universe and placed in the Top 10 of the Miss Universe 2008.
Zana Krasniqi comes from a background of entertainers including her father Naim Krasniqi, a singer in Kosovo. On April 4, 2008, Fadil Berisha, the photographer of Miss Universe’s official photos, hosted the inaugural "Miss Universe Kosova" pageant where Krasniqi was crowned and represented Kosovo in the Miss Universe pageant. Zana was trained by photographer Fadil Berisha. who worked with the Miss Universe organization, and is a fellow Kosovar Albanian. Her interests include singing, performing and modelling. Her career ambition is to be a fashion designer.
Notes and references
|a.||^ Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008, but Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the Brussels Agreement. Kosovo has been recognized as an independent state by 112 out of 193 United Nations member states. 10 states have recognized Kosovo only to later withdraw their recognition.|
- "Zana Krasniqi – Miss Universe Kosovo 2008". Zimbio.com. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- "Zana Krasniqi ndër 10 më të bukurat në Miss Universe". Malesia.org. July 15, 2008. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- "Zana Krasniqi pefaqeon Kosove ne Miss Univers 2008". KosFusion Fusion. Archived from the original on May 2, 2008. Retrieved May 16, 2008.
- "Zana Krasniqi is Miss Kosovo Universe 2008". Lansingsportsrage.com. October 10, 2008. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- "Standout Productions – Fadil Berisha". Standoutproductions.net. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- Shabbir, Nabeelah. "'Prishtinali': urban faces in a raw capital". cafébabel. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
| Miss Universe Kosovo