||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
|Born||Kristina Laferne Roberts
1966/1967 (age 49–50)
Washington, D.C., US
In 1997, Zane began writing erotic stories to pass the time after her children went to bed. She was living in North Carolina and working as a sales representative. The stories developed a following on the Internet and she self-published The Sex Chronicles before landing a deal with Simon & Schuster.
Zane is the publisher of Strebor Books/Atria Books/Simon and Schuster where she publishes 36–60 books a year by other authors.
On June 11, 2014, Zane filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Maryland, claiming total liabilities of more than $3.4 million.
Zane's publications include:
- The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth
- Shame On It All
- Gettin’ Buck Wild: Sex Chronicles II
- The Heat Seekers
- The Sisters of APF
- Dear G-Spot: Straight Talk about Sex and Love
- Zane’s Sex Chronicles
- Head Bangers: An APF Sexcapade
- Total Eclipse of the Heart
- Love Is Never Painless
- Flava Series: Honey Flava, Caramel Flava, Chocolate Flava
- Purple Panties
- Missionary No More
- The Hot Box
- Kunkle, Fredrick (January 27, 2014). "Prince George's author of steamy fiction tops list of Maryland's tax cheats, comptroller says". Washington Post. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- "Writer makes name with sex." CNN. Retrieved on June 12, 2007. Archived June 12, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Weinbach, Jon (May 10, 2010). "Soft-core porn still hot stuff on cable TV". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Brown, Doreen (October 4, 2014). "Author Zane filed for bankruptcy as her new movie, 'Addicted,' was in production". Washington Post. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "Zane Book List." CHUH Library – Home. Web. September 13, 2010. http://heightslibrary.org
- Official website
- The African American Literature Reference Website
- Zane at the Internet Movie Database