|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Future News & Events|
|Key people||Piet Hein van Dam, Chief Executive Officer
Maja Micudova, Managing Editor
|Slogan(s)||You can see the future if you know where to look. The world's memory of the future.|
|Alexa rank||625,802 (April 2016)|
Zapaday is a global news calendar. The website publishes upcoming news headlines per day and per topic as a resource for journalists, bloggers, political analysts, marketers, event organisers, public relation professionals, scientists and travellers. Zapaday uses both bots and human editors to monitor over 4,000 news sites and calendars for future news stories, publishing its findings as news events on categorized calendars.
Users can create and publish their own events and calendars, re-using events and calendars of others for personal use. On March 6, 2014, Zapaday launched a new subscription service with paid premium news calendars. The company also announced a new marketplace where journalists can syndicate curated news calendars as premium content. The new model invites journalists and content creators to publish premium calendars and receive 50 per cent of earnings, while Zapaday will receive 20 per cent for hosting and handling. The remaining 30 per cent go to the seller, who can be either the content creator themselves, Zapaday, or one of the news agencies or other resellers that offer a white-label version of Zapaday to their clients.
In December 2013, Zapaday, together with UK’s GRNlive, the Foreign Correspondents Network, launched a new global reporting service where each future news event on Zapaday is accompanied with GRNlive journalists available in the region to cover the story on the ground.
On 23 January 2013, Zapaday, together with Dutch press agency Algemeen Nederlands Persbureau (ANP), launched the renewed ‘ANP Agenda’ based on the Zapaday platform. The ANP Agenda includes planned domestic and sports news events, curated by ANP editors, and foreign and economic events curated by both ANP and Zapaday editors. Nearly 1.000 users from ANP, including journalists, broadcasters and communication professionals, now use the platform to spot upcoming news events and plan ahead.
- "Zapaday profile". Techcrunch. March 1, 2012.
- Site Overview zapaday.com Archived March 16, 2016, at the Wayback Machine., Alexa Internet. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "About Zapaday section on Zapaday site". European Journalism Centre. October 5, 2011.
- "Zapaday launches Premium News Calendars, offers new Revenue Opportunity to Journalists" (PDF). March 6, 2014.
- "Zapaday – A Wiki-Style Events Calendar". Appvita. March 23, 2012.
- "Tech Media Europe Award for Zapaday". Illumy. February 3, 2011.
- "Zapaday, concept of the week and finalist: the news of tomorrow". Accenture. April 2012.
- "GRNlive and Zapaday launch news reporting network of the future". Zapaday. December 19, 2013.
- (PDF) http://www.wan-ifra.org/system/files/.../20140123_ANP-Zapaday_finfin.pdf. Missing or empty
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|