Zapata County Independent School District
The Texas Education Agency's college readiness performance data shows that only 4.4% (6 out of 178 students) of the graduates of the class of 2010 of the Zapata school district met TEA's average performance criterion on SAT or ACT college admission tests. 
- Grades 9-12
- Grades 6-8
- Zapata Middle School
- Grades PK-5
- Fidel and Andrea R. Villarreal Elementary School
- Zapata South Elementary School
- Zapata North Elementary School
- Arturo L. Benavides Elementary School (San Ygnacio)
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- "College admission testing class of 2010:District and campus supplement". Texas Education Agency.