8 November 1968
's-Gravendeel, Hoeksche Waard, Netherlands
|Other names||Zara, Zara White, Paulina Peters, Amy, Amy Kooiman, Amy Kristensen|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg)|
Zara Whites dropped out of school at an early age and moved in with her boyfriend when she was 17. In her late teens she worked as a barmaid and at the age of 19, as a prostitute in two men's clubs in Rotterdam.
Career in pornography
Her career began in 1989. In that year, she moved to Italy, performing as a ragazza cin cin (full-contact topless dancer) on the television show Colpo Grosso. In 1990, she made her pornographic film debut in the United States bondage and discipline video The Challenge (1990), directed by Bruce Seven. In 1991, she moved to Paris and worked as a call girl. She was also photographed for magazines such as Playboy (though the photos, in February 1992, were only published in the Dutch edition) and Penthouse (where she debuted in March 1990 as 'Amy Kristensen') and appeared in a Hustler magazine layout in April 1991. Soon Zara became a major porn star in the United States. She performed in a scene with Rocco Siffredi in John Stagliano's anal sex video, Buttman's Ultimate Workout (1990). She also worked with directors Andrew Blake. After a brief but successful career in porn, Zara decided to retire. Between 1990 and 1992 she appeared in 73 pornographic films both in Europe and in the United States. She returned to Paris in the early 1990s.
In 1992, she was briefly married to Italian porn actor Roberto Malone and reoriented her career towards non-sex roles in soft core with a French TV series for M6, Joy. In 1998, she made a comeback with a lesbian hardcore movie, La Dresseuse directed by Alain Payet.
Campaigner for animal rights
She has appeared in various French TV programmes on issues such as the legislative election and vegetarian cuisine as an animal rights activist and vegetarian. On 10 July 2007, she walked naked through Rotterdam as a publicity stunt for PETA.
In 2006, Zara published her autobiography, titled Je suis Zara Whites mais je me soigne.
She was nominated for the French electoral campaign of 2007, by the name of Esther Spincer.
- Presenter: Jaap Jongbloed (12 January 2012). "Episode about Esther Kooiman of the Het mooiste meisje van de klas television show". Het mooiste meisje van de klas. TROS. Nederland 1. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 March 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Interview with Zara Whites where she describes her time as a prostitute 
- See List of people in Playboy 1990–1999
- "Roberto Malone: Biography".
- "Naked Actor Demonstrates That All Animals Have The Same Parts" Archived 28 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine. (press release), PETA, 9 July 2007.
- Liberation: Woman With Hair
- Zara Whites (1992). Ma vie et mes fantasmes – Jean-Claude Lattès – ISBN 2-7096-1147-3 (NOTE: in French).
- Zara Whites (2006), Je suis Zara Whites mais je me soigne – Jean-Claude Gawsewitch – ISBN 2-35013-054-1 (NOTE: in French).