Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited
|Syed Talat Mehmood, President|
|Products||Banking & Insurance products|
|Revenue||PKR 8.484 billion (as Dec.31st, 2008)|
|Total assets||PKR 8.484 billion (as Dec.31st, 2008)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||KSSL - Kisan Support Services Ltd.|
The Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) (formerly known as ADBP - Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan) is the largest public sector Specialized financial development institution in Pakistan. Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) was incorporated as a public limited company in 2002 under Companies Ordinance, 1984. The bank provides agriculture credit and banking services to farmers across the country. The bank continues to remain the largest public sector agriculture development financial institution in the country. ZTBL has a limited banking license which restricts the institution from undertaking broad range of banking business. The bank has applied for commercial banking license to the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP); however no decision has yet been taken with regards to the same.
The bank serves around half a million clients annually and has over one million accumulated account holders and a wide network of 32 Zonal Offices, 9 Audit Zones and 452 branches in the country as on 31 December 2016. Around 54% of the branches are located in Punjab followed by Sindh (21%), KPK (14%), Baluchistan (7%), AJK (3%) and GBC (2%). ZTBL is also providing branch less banking facility to its customers through Upaisa, a joint effort by ZTBL and U Microfinance Bank Limited.
Agricultural Development Finance Corporation was created in 1952 under a Central Act for the purpose of expanding financial facilities and promoting the development and modernization of agriculture in Pakistan. In 1957, the Agricultural Bank of Pakistan was established and advanced both short and long term loans. Both these institutions were merged as Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan in February 1961. On December 14, 2002, the Federal Government converted the Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan (ADBP) into Zarai Taraqiati Bank Ltd (ZTBL). The new corporate structure redefined the banks as a single public limited company with an independent Board of Directors.
Zarai Taraqiati Bank (ZTBL) was registered under the Companies Ordinance 1984, and all assets, liabilities and proceedings were transferred to and vested in Zari Taraqiati Bank with effect from December 14, 2002.
Products and services
- Supervised Agricultural Credit Scheme
- Deposits (Fixed, Saving, Current Accounts, Zarai Bachaat Scheme, ZTBL Junior Account, Mustaqbil Mehfooz A/C & Rozana Bachat A/C etc.)
- Loan Schemes( Production Loan Schemes, Development Loan Schemes, Crop loan Insurance, Model Village Establishment )
- Locker Facility ( Small, Medium, Large )
- Upaisa (Branchless Banking facility)
- Home Remittance ( Western Union, Xpress Money and some other nearly 40 companies )
- Hajj applications
- One Window Operation
- Revolving Finance Scheme (RFS)/Sada Bahar Scheme (SBS)
- Crop Maximization Project
In June 2016, ZTBL continued to achieve a AAA credit rating by JCR-VIS ( Credit rating company Limited)
|2013||AAA/ A-1+||B+/ B||Stable|
==References==lon case no 068902 owner nam
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 25, 2010. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 17, 2009. Retrieved July 17, 2009. ztbl brief
- Agriculture Technology of ZTBL
- Kissan Support Services (Pvt)Ltd
- Pakistan agri-community for better farming
- Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia & Pacific
is wholly owned by Government of Pakistan with 57% of its shares held by Federal Government, 36% by State Bank of Pakistan and 7% by Provincial Governments and other Public sector corporations. Its Board of Directors consisting of the representatives of private sector is appointed by Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan.