|Residence||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Other names||Zari The Boss Lady|
|Alma mater||Jinja Girls High School|
(High School Diploma)
Institution in London
(Diploma in Cosmetology)
|Years active||2000 — present|
|Home town||Jinja, Uganda|
(m. 2001; div. 2013)
Zarinah Hassan (born 23 September 1978, commonly known as Zari Hassan, is a Ugandan socialite, musician andbusinesswoman, who resides in South Africa, where she runs a chain of schools and student hostels and other businesses.
She returned to her native Uganda in 2000, after two years in the United Kingdom. She moved to South Africa where she met and fell in love with her ex husband. In 2013, she divorced Semwanga, whom she accused of physically abusing her.
In May 2017, Ivan Semwanga had a massive stroke and was admitted to Steve Biko Academic Hospital, slipped into a coma and died on 25 May 2017. He was buried in Uganda and following the funeral, Zari returned to South Africa to manage her businesses and some of her late husband's enterprises.
- Daily Monitor Reporter (25 May 2017). "Rich Gang's Ivan Semwanga dies". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Mwaniki, Esther (13 February 2018). "Zari Hassan Still Making Boss Moves". Nairobi: Varcity.co.ke.
- Uganda Online (2 June 2017). "Zari reveals her last moments with ex-husband, Ivan Semwanga". Kampala: Ugandaonline.net. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Watchdog Reporter (26 May 2017). "Zari Hassan; The Definition of the Late Ivan Semwanga's Love Life". Kampala: Watchdoguganda.com. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Matiko, Thomas (26 May 2017). "The truth about Diamond, Zari and Ivan's relationship". Daily Nation. Nairobi. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Kasoba, William (16 May 2016). "Zari in hospital, Juju her ex-hubby Ivan Ssemwanga who is in critical condition". Matookerepublic.om. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Derrick Wandera, Isaac Ssejjombwe & Lawrence Ogwal (31 May 2017). "Hundreds bid farewell to Rich Gang's Semwanga". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 20 February 2018.