Khan walks for Archana Kochhar's fashion showcase in 2017
|Native name||ज़रीन खान|
14 May 1987
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Other names||Zareen Khan|
|Notable work||Hate Story 3|
Zareen Khan (born 14 May 1987) also known as Zarine Khan  is an Indian actress and model who mainly works in the Hindi film industry, though has also appeared in Tamil and Punjabi language films.
Khan made her screen debut with a leading role in the 2010 Anil Sharma's period film Veer co-starring with Salman Khan for which she was nominated for the Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut. Khan garnered recognition from her item number "Character Dheela" in Ready, which was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2011. Khan earned commercial success in Bollywood with Sajid Khan's Housefull 2. The following year, Khan made her Tamil debut in the Tamil film Naan Rajavaga Pogiren, in which she did an item number in the song "Malgove". She achieved further success for her leading role in the 2014 romantic thriller Jatt James Bond, a box-office success and followed it wih a leading role in the highly sucessfull Vishal Pandya's film Hate Story 3. .
Khan was born into a Muslim Pathan family on 14 May 1987 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She speaks Hindi, Urdu, English and Marathi. She completed her intermediate at Rizvi College of Science, Mumbai.
2010: Film debut
Khan wanted to be a doctor but joined acting. Her acting career began while visiting the set of Yuvraj at Subhash Ghai's film school Whistling Woods. Salman Khan noticed her and decided to cast her for his friend Anil Sharma's film Veer because, he said, "She looks the character — the sweet princess she is playing in Veer". After a screen test, Khan was given the lead role of Princess Yashodhara. She gained eight kilograms in order to be more convincing as a 19th-century princess. The film revolves around the 1825 Pindari movement of Rajasthan, when India was ruled by the British. Veer did not do well at the Box office; however, her performance received mix reviews from both critics and public. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama observed that "Zarine resembles Katrina Kaif, but wears one expression all through". Nikhat Kazmi of Times of India concluded that "Zarine is unimpressive". Rediff.com mentions that "Zarine is average". Critic Subhash K. Jha called her performance a "Zarine's charm adds to her adorable screen presence." Khan was nominated for Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut.
In 2011, Khan did the item number "Character Dheela" with Salman Khan in Anees Bazmee's Ready, parodying characters from Mughal-e-Azam, Sholay and Shri 420 and it was the highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2011.
Khan's second release was Sajid Khan's comedy film Housefull 2, a sequel of Housefull and Hindi remake of the Malayalam film Mattupetti Machan. The film revolves around two cousins Henna and Bobby, the two daughters of the Kapoor family who hate each other very much, a model Jlo love interest of Jolly, the son of Jagga Daku and four Best friends Sunny, Max, Jolly and Jai who fall in love with her. Khan played the role of JLo, a model who is in love with Jolly, played by Ritesh Deshmukh and featured her alongside an ensemble cast including Akshay Kumar, Asin, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez. Khan earned critical acclaim for her performance, with Taran Adarsh stating, "Zarine act more as eye candy. She appears typical sultry and enticing selves; and is befit in her own space." Housefull 2 was among the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2012.
In 2013, Khan made her Tamil debut in Vetrimaaran's Naan Rajavaga Pogiren, in which she did an item number in the song "Malgove" alongside Nakul Jaidev. She was appreciated for the song. Taran Adarsh commented, "Zarine Khan's song is high on energy."
Khan's first release of 2014 was Rohit Jugraj's Punjabi film Jatt James Bond, her first role outside Bollywood. She featured in the role of a Lalli, an innocent Punjabi woman alongside Gippy Grewal. The film received positive reviews from critics, and her performance was particularly praised. Film critic Komal Nahta wrote "Zarine Khan delivers an award-winning performance. She is extraordinary and lives the role of Lalli, making every scene in which she appears immensely watchable for her brilliance!".
In 2015, Khan appeared in Hate Story 3 in which she played Siya. Hate Story 3 was a commercial success and got Khan further recognition. She then appeared in a music video "Pyaar Manga Hai" with Ali Fazal.The song was sung by Armaan Malik & Neeti Mohan. In 2016, Khan did an item number in the film 'Veerappan. The same year she also appeared in another item song named "Mahi Ve" in the film Wajah Tum Ho. Khan has also began shooting for Aksar 2. and 1921. In Aksar 2, she will be seen romancing with Gautam Rode and the first poster of the movie was released on 4th August 2017 on YouTube.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2010||Veer||Princess Yashodhara||Hindi||Nominated - Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut|
|2011||Ready||Khushi||Hindi||Special appearance in song "Character Dheela"|
|2013||Naan Rajavaga Pogiren||Malgove||Tamil||Special appearance in song "Malgove"|
|2014||Jatt James Bond||Lalli||Punjabi||Punjabi film debut|
|2015||Hate Story 3||Siya Deewan||Hindi|
|2016||Veerappan||Cameo||Hindi||Special appearance in the item song "Khallas"|
|2016||Wajah Tum Ho||Cameo||Hindi||Special appearance in the item song "Mahi Ve"|
|2017||Amar Must Die||Journalist||Hindi|
|2016||Pyaar Manga Hai||"Pyaar Manga Hai"||Ali's girlfriend||Ali Fazal||Armaan Malik, Neeti Mohan|
|2011||Veer||Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|2015||Jatt James Bond||PTC Punjabi Film Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|||
- "Zarine Khan: Veer ki Heer!". The Times of India. 23 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Sunny Leone & Zarine Khan Lookalike".
- "Which is the raunchiest Hate Story? VOTE!".
- ""I Am Muslim, I Know My Islam”: Zareen Khan". Bollywood Hungama.
- Mangal Dalal (8 January 2010). "When Men Were Men". Indian Express. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
Asked about whether it was a risk casting Zarine Khan, the debutant from the UK, Khan says: “She’s a Pathan girl who speaks Hindi and Urdu well and was spectacular in the screen test. It was pure luck.”
- Mangal Dalal (8 January 2010). "‘Veer’ also has a social message behind it: Salman Khan". Express India. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
Asked about whether it was a risk casting Zarine Khan, the debutant from the UK, Khan says: “She’s a Pathan girl who speaks Hindi and Urdu well and was spectacular in the screen test.
- "No bikini for me: Zarine Khan". Mid-Day. IANS. 2010-01-27. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Natasha Sahgal (11 January 2010). "Zarine Khan is living a dream as the heroine in 'Veer'". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Soumyadipta Banerjee (24 January 2010). "Zarine Khan is a tough cookie". Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- Deepa Karmalkar (21 November 2008). "'No candlelight dinners for me...'". Screen. Archived from the original on 11 March 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- Subhadeep Bhattacharjee (16 December 2009). "Salman made Zarine Khan gain weight". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- Taran Adarsh. "Review: Veer is a colossal disappointment!". Sify Movies. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Nikhat Kazmi (22 January 2010). "Veer movie review". Times of India. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Shah, Kumal (5 May 2011). "Sonakshi isn't my best friend: Zarine". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- Salman & Zarine Khan - Character Dheela
- Kat look-alike Zarine Khan sizzles in 'Character Dheela'|Movies News Photos-IBNLive
- "Zeenat Aman & Zarine walk the ramp for YS 18 at IIJW 2012 Day - 3". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Bollywood actress Zarine Khan walks the ramp to showcase jewellery creations by designer group YS 18 during the third season of India International Jewellery Week (IIJW) in Mumbai on August 21, 2012". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Taran Adarsh (2012-04-06). "Housefull 2". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Housefull 2 Crossed Rs. 100 crore Mark At Box-Office In 17 Days". Koimoi.com. 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- B-town actresses turn item girls for K’wood - The Times of India
- 'Jatt James Bond' collects Rs 7 crore in first four days - IBNLive
- Salman Khan's protege Zarine Khan makes her debut in Punjabi cinema with 'Jatt James Bond' | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
- Beautiful Zarine Khan At The Jaat James Bond Promotions - Oneindia Boldsky
- Vindu Dara Singh elated with Jatt James Bond success - Hindustan Times
- "Zareen Khan begins ‘Aksar 2’ shoot".
- Gautam Rode to Romance Zareen Khan in ‘Aksar 2’
- "Zareen Khan set to explore horror genre with Vikram Bhatt film 1921". The Indian Express. New Delhi. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Zareen Khan to play law student in Vikram Bhatt's '1921". Mid Day. London. IANS. 27 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "PTC Punjabi Film Awards". CinePunjab.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zarine Khan.|