Zathura (document viewer)
Screenshot of zathura viewing a PDF file in Arch Linux.
|Original author(s)||Moritz Lipp, Sebastian Ramacher|
|Initial release||September 18, 2009|
0.4.3 / December 22, 2018
Zathura is a free, plugin-based document viewer. Plugins are available for PDF (via poppler or MuPDF), PostScript, DjVu, and EPUB. It was written to be lightweight and controlled with vi-like keybindings. Zathura's customizability makes it well-liked by many Linux users.
Zathura has official packages available in Arch Linux, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, OpenBSD, OpenSUSE, Source Mage GNU/Linux, Ubuntu, and an unofficial macOS package provided by MacPorts.
Zathura has been an official Arch Linux package since April 2010. Same year, by the end of July it was imported into Source Mage test grimoire. It has been an official Debian package since at least 2011, as part of Debian Squeeze.
Zathura automatically reloads documents. When working in compiled documents such as those written in LaTeX, Zathura will refresh the output whenever compilation takes place. Zathura has the option of enabling inverse search (using "synctex").
Zathura can adjust the document to best-fit or to fit width, and it can rotate pages. It can view pages side-by-side and has a fullscreen mode. Pages can also be recolored to have a black background and white foreground.
Zathura can search for text and copy text to the primary X selection. It supports bookmarks and can open encrypted files.
- "Programs With Movie Titles".
- "Tags - pwmt / zathura". Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "LICENSE · master · pwmt / zathura". Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "MakeTechEasier list of alternative PDF viewers". Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Arch Linux zathura package".
- "Debian zathura package".
- "Fedora zathura package".
- "Gentoo zathura package".
- "OpenBSD zathura package".
- "OpenSUSE zathura package".
- "Source Mage zathura package".
- "Ubuntu zathura package".
- "MacPorts zathura package".
- "pwmt". GitLab.
- "Zathura initial commit".
- "zathura - a document viewer".
- "Arch Linux package history for Zathura".
- "zathura package in Source Mage".
- "Debian Squeeze package for Zathura".
- "LaTeX forward/inverse searches with Zathura".
- "Vim, Latex and Markdown preview scripts".