Zavet Municipality within Bulgaria and Razgrad Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Zavet|
|• Total||273.88 km2 (105.75 sq mi)|
|• Density||41/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Zavet Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Завет) is a municipality (obshtina) in Razgrad Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the Ludogorie geographical region part of the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Zavet.
The municipality embraces a territory of 273.88 km² with a population of 11,338 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Zavet Municipality includes the following 7 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Ivan Shishmanovo||Иван Шишманово||445|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Official website (in Bulgarian)