|Full name||John Zebelon Taia|
11 October 1984|
Auburn, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||104 kg (16 st 5 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Lock, Prop, Centre|
As of 6 October 2018
Zeb Taia (born 11 October 1984) is a professional rugby league footballer who plays for the St Helens in the Super League. He primarily plays as a second-row and lock forward, but can also fill in as a prop and centre and previously played for the Parramatta Eels, Newcastle Knights and the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League, and the Catalans Dragons in the Super League.
Zeb Taia is from the beautiful island of Cook Island, Penryhn.
He played his junior football for the Enfield Federals and the St Clair Comets before being signed by the Parramatta Eels. He played for the Eels' Premier League reserve-grade team in 2006. In Round 5 of the 2006 NRL season he made his NRL debut for the Eels against the Penrith Panthers.
In 2007, Taia was granted a release from his Eels contract and moved mid-season to the Newcastle Knights. In 2008, Taia established himself as a permanent first-grader with the Knights.
In the first week of the finals series of 2011, Taia made a comeback from a career threatening neck injury in which he suffered four rounds into the season.
On 16 May 2012, Taia signed a 3-year deal with French Super League club, Catalans Dragons starting in 2013. Taia said about the move, "Whilst my wife and I are looking forward to experiencing life in another country, a beautiful one at that, I am forever indebted to the Knights. Not just for the time I have been here but the support they showed me, particularly last season during a potentially career ending injury."
On February 14, 2017, Taia signed for St. Helens in a swap deal taking Joe Greenwood to Gold Coast Titans
On 16 October 2010, Taia represented the Cook Islands against a NSW Country representative side. In the match Taia captained the side. He made his official international debut for the Cook Islands in 2012 in a match against Lebanon.
Zeb captained 'the Kukis' in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
- "Catalans Dragons Equipe Saison 2015". Catalans Dragons site officiel. Catalans Dragons S.A.S.P. 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- Love Rugby League
-  Archived 18 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived 7 September 2012 at Archive.is
- Titans.com.au (2015-08-05). "Taylor and Taia to join Titans | NRL". Zero Tackle. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Zeb Taia chases black jumper after sidestepping Blues". Newcastle Herald. 16 July 2009. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- [dead link]
- Alderson, Andrew (15 August 2010). "League: Watch out for Taia if Kiwi coach calls". The New Zealand Herald.