Zebbler (Peter Berdovsky) is a visual artist, video jockey and the founder of Zebbler Studios, who is known for his work with Shpongle, EOTO, and Zebbler Encanti Experience. Originally from Belarus, Berdovsky graduated from Arlington High School in Arlington, Massachusetts in 1999 before completing a degree at Massachusetts College of Art and Design in 2006. Zebbler first gained worldwide fame for the 2007 Boston bomb scare and subsequent news conference. His first "Shpongletron" design earned him recognition as one of the first VJs to incorporate 3-D video mapping into his set designs.
Boston Bomb Scare
The Boston bomb scare, AKA "The Mooninite Incident" occurred on January 31, 2007. During this incident, also dubbed "Boston Mission 1" and "Boston Mission 2", Zebbler and Sean Stevens put up close to 40 battery powered LED Ignignokt shaped signs around the city of Boston as "subvertising" for the upcoming Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters. However, Boston police found the signs to have similar characteristics to improvised explosive devices. These characteristics included a circuit board, power source, exposed wiring, and electrical tape. The police responded by sending in a large amount of emergency vehicles, including the Boston Police Department bomb squad. The event cost the parent company, Turner Broadcasting System, along with Interference Inc., $2 million. One million went to the Boston police department, while the other million went to Department of Homeland Security. As a result, the head of Cartoon Network resigned.
The Shpongletron, designed by Zebbler for Shpongle's 2011 US Tour, consists of a DJ booth for Shpongle, surrounded by custom screens and surfaces that have video mapped images projected onto them. On the bottom of the audiovisual installation, also dubbed "The Shpongletron Experience", are three white painted scaffolding cubes that are covered by translucent screen. The six foot Shpongle Mask is also a 3-D projection surface, along with wings and an eye that are both covered in projection material. The custom welded eye also has an embedded laser. In 2014, Zebbler designed the critically acclaimed Shpongletron 3, which embedded the new touring structure with pixel mapped LEDs and infinity mirrors.
Zebbler began touring with EOTO in 2011 during which he used custom Fourier analysis of EOTO's live sounds to trigger pre-made visual events. Closed circuit cameras, along with user submitted visuals, were also used. The same custom-made software (Zebblertron) was used during this tour as was used with the Shongletron Experience. Zebbler rejoined touring with EOTO for their 2012 Base Invaders Tour, where he debuted a 3-D video mapped lotus flower surrounding the stage.
Zebbler Encanti Experience
Z.E.E. is a collaboration between Zebbler and electronic music producer Encanti. The duo provide a multi-media experience, with Zebbler performing live visuals to Encanti's glitchy, bass heavy beats and interspersed vocals. Using the custom software "Zebblertron", the duo perform live with light and sound through triggered events and improvisation. Z.E.E. accompanied EOTO on their 2012 Time Illusion Tour. In January 2014, Z.E.E. released "Altered Projections", which featured tracks that had been remixed from their previous album "Psychic Projections." Z.E.E. released their third album, "Freakquency", in July the same year that was well received by critics followed by a national tour that promoted the release of their album The album featured vocals from two artists, one of which was Indian vocalist Ganavya, who joined the group in select concerts.
Zebbler has displayed his custom mapped video installations and live image "mashups" at multiple art museums/spaces, festivals, and conventions:
- 10.26.2007 ReMixer Zebbler Performance, Berkeley Museum of Art, Berkeley, California (custom HD Video-surround sound performance)
- 2007–2008 Official VJ for RedBull North America
- 05.09.2008 Global Groove, Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley, California (custom 3 screen a/v performance)
- 12.31.2009 COSM New Year's Eve celebration (Alex Grey's Art Sanctuary), New York – custom HD VJ installation, a/v performance with Z.E.E.
- 03.27-28.2009 ULTRA music festival, Miami, Florida (Featured VJ performer)
- 05.23.2009 Anime Convention 2009, Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts (ZEE a/v performance)
- 02.13.2010 Hansel and Gretel RE:Imagined (official VJ showcase of the Together festival), Pozen Center, Boston, Massachusetts – event curator/promoter, custom HD video installation and a/v performance with Z.E.E. and Clever Girl 
- August 2011 DEFCON, Las Vegas, Nevada (custom video mapped dragon installation, deco work)
Awards and distinctions
- Best Boston Artist of 2007 – The Improper Bostonian
- #12 VJ in the World – 2007 DJ Magazine
- Best Local Visual Artist of 2009 – The Boston Phoenix
- "Electric Forest 2011: Zebbler | Grand Central Magazine". Gcmag.org. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Boston Bomb Scare Press Conference". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Setting The Stage". Headstash.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Cartoon Network boss resigns over Boston bomb scare – Feb. 9, 2007". Money.cnn.com. 2007-02-09. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Shpongletron in action – Peace! Magazine". Blog.peacemagazine.com. 2011-01-23. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Chester, Britt (2011-04-20). "Peter Berdovsky speaks about the Shpongletron Experience – Denver Music – Backbeat". Blogs.westword.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "On the road with Zebbler's HD Eye Candy". EOTO. Archived from the original on 28 February 2011.
- Zebbler (2011-01-16). "shpongletron: The official Shpongletron video teaser has been released". Shpongletron.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Wednesday (2012-02-01). "Backyard: Zebbler Encanti Experience's "Conversations" Remix & EOTO Tour". Beantown Boogiedown. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "EOTO – ZEE – Lotus Stage – Boston « String Cheese Radio – Streaming String Cheese Incident & Friends 24/7". Stringcheeseradio.com. 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "dubstep, electro, glitch a/v bass explosion". Zebbler Encanti Experience. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "quality electronic media experiences". encanti music. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "In The Mix: Zebbler Encanti Experience". DigBoston. 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "zebbler resume". Zebbler.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Video: Zebbler's "Hansel and Gretel Re:Imagined" at MassArt – On The Download". Blog.thephoenix.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Catching Up With an Aqua Teen Terrorist". 10 Zen Monkeys. 2007-11-15. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Bomb scare dude gets video honor – BostonHerald.com". News.bostonherald.com. Associated Press. 2007-11-07. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- [dead link]