Type of site
|Cryptocurrency Wallet and Exchange|
|Services||Cryptocurrency Wallet and Exchange|
The company was founded by Mahin Gupta in late 2012 under the name Buysellbitco.in and was India's first bitcoin exchange. Later it was rebranded to Zebpay in September 2014 adding two more partners - Saurabh Agrawal and Sandeep Goenka.
On September 28, 2018, Zebpay announced it was shutting down operations.  In a blog post, the company attributed its shut down to the Indian government's regulatory clampdown on cryptocurrencies. In a press release Zebpay states that it continues to offer wallet services to existing users.
- Srivastava, Moulishree. "Singapore's Zebpay launches bitcoin wallet app in India". Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Zebpay Enables In-Wallet Mobile Payments With Bitcoin". Digital Money Times. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Bitcoin startup Zebpay enters mobile payment business". Economic Times. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- "Bitcoin Company Zebpay Now Offers Mobile Plan Payments". Altcoin Today. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Like any other currency, demand and supply decide Bitcoin pricing: Buysellbitco.in founder Mahin Gupta | Techcircle.in - India startups, internet, mobile, e-commerce, software, online businesses, technology, venture capital, angel, seed funding". techcircle.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- Dollentas, Nigel. "Zebpay Making Headway in India". www.bitcoinist.net. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "India's Zebpay Shuts Down Exchange Activities - Bitcoin News". Bitcoin News. 2018-09-28. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- "Zebpay Announcement About Exchange Business – Zebpay Blog". Zebpay Blog. 2018-09-28. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- Zebpay (2018-12-11). "Zebpay Europe Exchange Now Allows Trading with Euro". Zebpay. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- Helms, Kevin (2018-12-13). "Zebpay Exchange Now Live in 21 European Countries". Bitcoin News. Retrieved 2018-12-27.