|Birth name||Dave Jones|
|Also known as||Maddslinky|
|Genres||UK garage, 2-step garage, UK funky, broken beat|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, DJ|
|Years active||Mid 1990s - ongoing|
|Labels||Locked On, Sidewinder/Sidestepper, Tru Thoughts, Sick Trumpet|
Dave Jones, better known as Zed Bias, is an English electronic musician based in Manchester, who operates within the UK garage/2-step, broken beat and UK funky genres, as a producer and as a DJ. He has also released material under various pseudonyms including Maddslinky, and is half of the Phuturistix duo.
Bias is best known for his single "Neighbourhood" which reached #25 in the UK charts in July 2000,  having created a large underground response from late 1999 in its original version. Living in Milton Keynes at the time, he collaborated with a number of other local artists and DJs resulting in a host of well received tracks and remixes early in his producing career. Some of these have been released on his own Sidewinder/Sidestepper and Biasonic labels.
Bias started to record under the Maddslinky name in 2001, resulting in the album "Make Your Peace" in 2003 and a second "Make A Change" in 2010.. Around the same time, he also became one half of the production duo Phuturistix, and has been engaged in remixing duties for many well known artists.
Bias' releases, which explore a more experimental or progressive side of the 2-step garage sound, have been hailed as a crucial element in the establishment of dubstep as a definable sound or genre.
- Make Your Peace (2003, Laws of Motion) – as Maddslinky
- Feel It Out (2003, Hospital) – as Phuturistix
- Breathe Some Light (2007, Phuture Lounge) – as Phuturistix
- Experiments with Biasonics Vol. 1 (2007, Sick Trumpet)
- Make A Change (2010, Tru Thoughts) – as Maddslinky
- Biasonic Hotsauce: Birth of the Nanocloud (2011, Tru Thoughts)
- Sleepin Giantz (2012, Tru Thoughts)
- Boss (2013, Swamp81)
- Different Response (2017, Exit Records)
- Sound of the Pirates (2000, Locked On)
- Bingo Beats Vol. 2 (2001, Bingo Beats)
- Standard Hoodlum Issue (1999, Social Circles) - as ES Dubs
- Neighbourhood (1999/2000, Locked On) UK #25
- Feel It Out (2003, [[Hospital Records|Hospital]) - as Phuturistix
- Somethin' Extra (2005, Askew) - as Maddslinky
- Time (2007, Sick Trumpet)
- Special (2010, Tru Thoughts) - as Maddslinky
- Music Deep Inside (2011, Swamp81)
- Subway Baby (2011, Swamp81)
- Hurting Me (2012, Digital Soundboy)
- Clark, Martin. "Zed Bias biography", May 2002.
- Halewijck, Yiannis van. "Phuturistix, new Zed Bias project", Plastiks, January 24, 2003.
- Chart Stats: "Neighbourhood" by Zed Bias
- Kodwo Eshun. "Zed Bias: 2step has a Right to Children – Part 1", Riddim.ca, November 29, 2000.
- "Maddslinky Artists Tru Thoughts". tru-thoughts.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-01-11.
- Clark, Martin. "The month in grime/dubstep", Pitchfork Media, January 25, 2006.
- Mugan, Chris. "Dubstep: Straight outta Croydon", The Independent, July 28, 2006.
|This article on a British electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|