This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||15 September 1993|
|Network||cable television network|
|Owned by||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Picture format||4:3 (SDTV) 16:9 (HDTV)|
|Slogan||নতুন ছন্দে লিখব জীবন |
(Notun Chhondhey Likhbo Jibon)
(Life will be written in new rhythm)
|Headquarters||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Formerly called||Alpha Bangla (1993-2004)|
|Replaced by||Zee Cinema|
|Sister channel(s)||Zee TV|
Zee Bangla Cinema
|Website||Zee Bangla on ZEE5|
Zee Bangla (জি বাংলা) is a Bengali language Cable television channel in India and Bangladesh. It is offered by Zee Network, part of the Essel Group. The first Bengali-language television channel in India, Zee Bangla was launched in 1996 by Zee's TV chairman.
It aired the comedy show "Raja and Gaja" before the show switched stations.
- India Business Yearbook 2009. Vikas. 2009. p. 152. ISBN 9788125930860.
- Blumenthal, Howard J.; Goodenough, Oliver R. (2006). This Business of Television. BillBoard Books. p. 483. ISBN 9780823077632.
- Mehta, Nalin (2008). Television in India: Satellites, Politics and Cultural Change. Routledge. pp. 158–160. ISBN 9781134062133.
- "Bangladesh court moved to ban Indian Channels". BDNews24.com.
- "Writ seeks ban on operation of 3 Indian TV channels". The Daily Star. 7 August 2014.
- Chakraborty, Aditya (17 September 2011). "Raja and Gaja No Problem". WBRi Washington Bangla Radio USA. Retrieved 2015-12-04.