This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||15 March 2000|
|Owned by||Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Parent: (Essel Group)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Sister channel(s)||Zee Studio
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 150(SD)
|Dish TV||Channel 450(SD)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 254(SD)|
|Sun Direct||Channel 260(SD)|
|Tata Sky||Channel 220 (SD)
Channel 218 (HD)
|Videocon d2h||Channel 181(SD)|
|Dish Home Nepal||Channel 406|
|Dialog TV||Channel 90|
|Available on most cable systems||Check local listings for channels|
|Sim TV Nepal||Channel 353|
|Kerala Vision||Channel 222|
Zee Café, formerly Zee English, is an Indian English-Hindi language cable and satellite television channel owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises, a subsidiary of the Essel Group. It was launched on 15 March 2000 as Zee English and is known as a general entertainment channel (GEC). On 27 March 2005, it was renamed Zee Café. The channel mainly syndicates popular American television shows to appeal to the English-speaking population of India.
The channel airs a range of different shows including dramas, sitcoms and reality shows.
- America's Funniest Home Videos
- America's Got Talent
- American Idol
- Just for Laughs: Gags
- Look Who's Talking With Niranjan
- Miss Diva Universe
- Miss Universe
- Miss World
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
Zee Café launched on Sky in the United Kingdom and Ireland on 15 July 2010. The channel originally served as Zee's network hybrid channel, which used to broadcast shows from a number of its existing channels in India. On 11 September 2012, it was repositioned as a classics channel, airing re-runs of old Zee TV programming, covering cookery, dramas, horror and mythology. At the same time the channel became free-to-air. On 10 June 2013, the British version of Zee Café closed and was replaced by Lamhe, another free-to-air classics channel from Zee.
- "Indiantelevision.com's television industry headlines". Us.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Dish TV goes mobile, Zee dons new look". Us.indiantelevision.com. 28 March 2005. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "ZEE Cafe launches on Sky Digital EPG". BizAsia. 15 July 2010. Archived from the original on 17 August 2010.
- "ZEE Cafe set to reposition as classics channel". BizAsia. 6 September 2012.
- "Change Log: Zee Café". KingOfSat. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Lamhe replaces ZEE Cafe in UK". BizAsia. 10 June 2013.