||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2015)|
|Founded||31 March 2006|
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Subash Chandra (Chairman)
Sudhir Chaudhary (CEO)
Zee News is an Indian news and current affairs channel founded in 1999 and is the flagship property of Zee News Ltd. Zee News Ltd is a media and entertainment company and a subsidiary of Essel Group.
Initially, most of the programs were broadcast in English. Around 2003-04, Zee News was converted into Hindi news channel.
||This article may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (August 2015)|
The channel is tried for allegedly extorting 100 crores from the Jindal Group and two senior journalist have been arrested so far. Naveen Jindal accused Zee News of trying to extort 100 crores from him for not airing stories against his company in Coal Scam. Zee News refuted the charges and made counter charges of Jindal offering them 25 crores to halt their investigations against Jindal Steel in the coal scam.
In December 2013, Arvind Kejriwal accused Zee News of showing the wrong information about his and Anna Hazare's relationship. Zee media banned Sonu Nigam after he shared a video that proved Kumar Vishwas voice about the farmer's suicide in Aam Aadmi Party had been edited by Zee News to degrade Vishwas' public image.
It currently operates the following news and regional entertainment channels:
- Zee News (Hindi)
- Zee Business (Hindi)
- Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal (Punjabi and Hindi)
- Zee Sangam (Hindi]]
- Zee 24 Taas ( Marathi)
- 24 Ghanta ( Bengali)
- Zee Purvaiya (Hindi)
- Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh (Hindi)
- Zee Kalinga (Oriya)
- Zee Rajasthan News (Hindi)
- "Contact Us". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Jindal plays CD, claims Zee editors demanded Rs. 100 crore". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Naveen Jindal vs Zee: Senior journalists arrested over alleged extortion". NDTV India. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Jindal Group and Zee television in extortion scandal". The Australian. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Naveen Jindal accuses Zee News of extortion, channel hits back - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Zee Network bans Sonu Nigam, Twitter stands by him!". english.
- IBNLive. "CNN-IBN News: Breaking News India, Latest News, Current Headlines World - IBNLive". IBNLive.com.
- "Sonu Nigam accuses music company of announcing ban on him". intoday.in.
- "Zee to Launch Zee Kalinga". Delhi, India: The Media Info, 13 December 2013. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2013-12-13.