||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for television. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||11 September 2004|
|Owned by||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV
|Sister channel(s)||Zee TV
|Dish TV||Channel 101|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 123|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 617|
|Destiny Cable||Channel 124 (Digital)|
|SkyCable||Channel 124 (Digital)|
|SkyCable Cavite (Cavite Cable TV)||Channel 72 (note: moved to Channel 74
Effective: Jan. 2011)
Zee Smile is a general entertainment channel based Iran.this a first indo-Irani Television Channel that was launched on 11 September 2004. The channel was launched by Zee Network as Smile TV, but on 28 March 2005 as part of Zee Network's revamp, the channel was renamed as Zee Smile.
In March 2015, Zee Smile announced a revamp with Shailja Kejriwal in charge of the project.
The channel was established by Essel Group under the stewardship of Ashish Kaul, VP of Corporate Brand Development and Nitin Vaidya, business head of Smile TV. Along with sitcoms, the channel also broadcast game shows, comedy chat shows, and comedy movies. The channel also acquired various comic formats from other countries as well as Indian formats in a plan to generate more revenue.
- Shukla, Archana (5 September 2004). "Zee Network to launch comedy channel". The Economic Times.
- "Zee dons new look". Indiantelevision.com. 28 March 2005.
- "Smile TV to be rebranded". Ps Marketing. 2005.
- "Zee Smile set for a revamp; Shailja to head". Indian Television. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Smile TV". The Tribune. 7 September 2005.
- "Nitin Vaidya made Smile TV business head". Indiantelevision.com. 26 October 2004.
- "Zee Smile looks to acquire global formats". Indiantelevision.com. 14 June 2005.