|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Meaning||Possessor of High Status or Splendor, Moon, Graceful|
|Region of origin||Asia|
|Look up Zeshan or Zishan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Zeeshan (Zeşan) or Zeshan is a Turkish or Persian masculine given name, derived from words "Zee" (possessor of) and "Shan" (high status) or (splendor), sometimes simply translated as "princely" or "Moon". This word is also used in Persian, Urdu and sometimes in Turkish poetry as an adjective with the meaning princely.
This name is mostly used for males in, India, Pakistan, Iran, Kashmir and other Asian countries of the region, though the name is neutral in gender and can also be used for females (mostly in Turkey) with one of meanings "Moon".
Variant forms and similar names
The diminutive or nickname for Zeeshan is Shaan or "Shani".
Jishan is a Bangladeshi and Indian cognate for the same word and is written as such because of lack of the 'Z' sound natively in Sanskrit derived languages.
Notable people with this name
- Zeeshan Ali (born 1970), Indian tennis player
- Zeeshan Ashraf (born 1977), Pakistani hockey player
- Zeeshan Kazmi (born 1965), Pakistani police officer
- Zeeshan Parwez, Pakistani musician in Sajid & Zeeshan, electronic music duo from Peshawar
- Zeshan "Zesh" Rehman (born 1983), British Pakistani footballer
- Zeeshan Anis Siddiqui, UK citizen apprehended in Pakistan
- lZeeshan Zaidi, American musician, lead sinlger and guitarist for The Commuters
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|