This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Zeev Suraski (Hebrew: זאב סורסקי pronounced [zeˈʔev suˈʁaski]) is an Israeli programmer, PHP developer and co-founder of Zend Technologies. A graduate of the Technion in Haifa, Israel, Suraski and Andi Gutmans created PHP 3 in 1997. In 1999 they wrote the Zend Engine, the core of PHP 4, and founded Zend Technologies, which has since overseen PHP advances. The name Zend is a portmanteau of their forenames, Zeev and Andi.
Suraski is an emeritus member of the Apache Software Foundation, and was nominated for the FSF Award for the Advancement of Free Software in 1999. Zeev Suraski was the Chief technology officer for Zend Technologies until he left the company in August 2019 . On October 17th 2018, he announced his intention of leaving Zend Technologies as Rogue Wave Software, which acquired Zend Technologies in 2015, decided to change the strategic focus of the company. Since August 2019 he's the Chief technology officer of Strattic.
He was the lead contributor to PHP since 1997.
- "Suraski, coautor de PHP: "Youtube o Yahoo! usan este lenguaje para su 'web" | Edición impresa | EL PAÍS". Elpais.com. 2007-04-26. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "PHP 5.4 Emerges From the Collapse of PHP 6.0". PCWorld. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "IBM i Goes Web: Zend's Zeev Suraski on PHP and IBM i" (PDF). Toronto Users Group for POWER Systems. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "The Future of the Zend Engine and the Zend Framework". Zeev's blog. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- "Rogue Wave buys PHP technology leader Zend". 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "IT Management Conference". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zeev Suraski.|
|This article about an Israeli scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|