Zeledon's antbird (Percnostola zeledoni) is a species of antbird in the family Thamnophilidae. It is found at low levels in humid forests from Nicaragua to Panama, and in the Chocó of western Colombia and western Ecuador. Zeledon's antbird feeds on insects, and regularly follows swarms of army ants in order to catch prey flushed by the swarms, but it is not an obligate ant-follower like some species of antbirds.
Zeledon's antbird was described by the American ornithologist Robert Ridgway in 1909 and given the binomial name Myrmeciza zeledoni. It was subsequently treated as a subspecies of the blue-lored antbird. A molecular phylogenetic study published in 2013 found that the genus Myrmeciza was polyphyletic. In the resulting rearrangement to create monophyletic genera Zeledon's antbird was moved to the newly erected genus Hafferia. The common name and Latin binomial commemorate the Costa Rican ornithologist José Cástulo Zeledón.
- P. z. zeledoni (Ridgway, 1909) – south Nicaragua to west Panama
- P. z. berlepschi (Ridgway, 1909) – east Panama to west Ecuador
- BirdLife International (2016). "Hafferia zeledoni". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2018.old-form url
- Ridgway, Robert (1909). "New genera, species and subspecies of Formicariidae, Furnariidae, and Dendrocolaptidae". Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. 22: 69-74 .
- Donegan, T.M. (2012). "Geographical variation in Immaculate Antbird Myrmeciza immaculata, with a new subspecies from the Central Andes of Colombia". Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. 132: 3–40.
- "Proposal (541) Elevate Myrmeciza immaculata zeledoni to species rank". South American Classification Committee of the American Ornithological Society. 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- Isler, M.L.; Bravo, G.A.; Brumfield, R.T. (2013). "Taxonomic revision of Myrmeciza (Aves: Passeriformes: Thamnophilidae) into 12 genera based on phylogenetic, morphological, behavioral, and ecological data" (PDF). Zootaxa. 3717 (4): 469–497. doi:10.11646/zootaxa.3717.4.3. PMID 26176119.
- Gill, Frank; Donsker, David; Rasmussen, Pamela, eds. (2020). "Antbirds". IOC World Bird List Version 10.1. International Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- Beolens, Bo; Watkins, Michael (2003). Whose Bird? Men and Women Commemorated in the Common Names of Birds. London: Christopher Helm. p. 377.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Myrmeciza zeledoni.|